National Consultant: Videographer (for multiple positions) in Bangladesh
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide. UN Women, among other issues, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; empowerment of women; and achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women Banglades Office invites quotes from qualified individuals for video documentation to compliment Communications Unit’s core function of supporting the communications and dissemination of ongoing corporate campaigns and programme results through traditional media, website, social media.
Duties and Responsibilities
SCOPE OF WORK AND SPECIFIC TASKS
The consultant will work closely with the UN Women country team and Cox’s Bazar team to develop videos of events taking place in Cox’s Bazar, Dhaka and in other field locations. The video will be used on UN Women’s websites and platforms, in the archive, in various multimedia projects and will be shared with media partners and UN system partners.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- To provide video coverage for UN Women promotional materials, website, publications, social media platforms and campaigns during the contract duration;
- The videos should be of high quality and resolution so that they can be used for various purposes;
- Successfully capture and emotionally express the core elements of the situation assigned for coverage;
- Cover a range of related subjects (different components of events/activities, as well as general footage that illustrates the real, positive and negative, situation of women and girls);
- Provide different visual perspectives (close-up, medium range, long distance, walking to a destination)
- Make sure footage is technically good (properly exposed, white-balanced, stabilized and framed);
- Supply all video equipment, professional video camera and a range of accessories, including microphones and lighting equipment.
- Supply complete shot list information in a word document that references the file name of each image, with appropriate background information. All subjects should be identified by what they do, if not self-evident. Names for all people are NOT necessary. Names of places are essential, including whether the location is a village, town, district, for instance;
- Undertake field trips to project locations. UN Women will undertake all the necessary travel arrangements;
- All footage together with complete shot list information should be submitted to UN Women Bangladesh in a maximum one-week time for publications and same day for special events;
- Consultant has the right to be credited, implying that their name should accompany all originals and reproductions of their work;
- UN Women has first selection rights to all originals taken on this assignment with non-exclusive concomitant world rights in all media in perpetuity.
Duration of Assignment and Duty Station:
The time required for the consultancy is estimated to be for one full year within the period from July, 2018 to July 2019.
The consultant will work under the direct supervision of Country Communications Analyst, UN Women Bangladesh Office and Programme Analysts/Specialists who will be responsible for the quality assurance of the deliverables.
Final Product and Deliverbales:
- Coverage should capture the events, beneficiary stories, etc.
- B-roll footage of the surrounding area and activities;
- Videos will be used for UN Women websites, social media, in the archive and in various multimedia projects.
Specific requirements for video submission:
- Pixel aspect ratio: 1920 x 1080;
- Frame rate and codec: 1080/30p (29.97p);
- Picture framing: 16x9, please protect action within 4:3 center-cut picture safety;
- Audio: 48K sample rate, 24 or 16 bit, peak up to -6db;
- Deliver raw video files via flash card, hard drive or file transfer links for downloads;
- Provide Consultant’s name and details using the following credit format: “Video: UN Women Country Name/Videographer First Name Last Name”;
- For field assignments, footage of women engaged in the following industries: agro-processing, eco-tourism, renewable energy sectors in following thematic areas: peace and social cohesion, migration, economic empowerment, youth participation, disaster reduction and humanitarian responses. Videos should capture women’s participation in various aspects - production, marketing, and trade of green products and services; primarily horizontal shots; dramatic angles; close-up, midrange and wide-angle shots, for example.
Warranties, Consent and Intellectual Property:
- The Consultant represents and warrants that he/she has not, and undertakes that he/she shall not, infringe any third party intellectual property rights in performing any activities pursuant to the Contract. The Consultant represents and warrants that that he/she shall perform the activities pursuant to the UN Women Photo Policy and Guidelines including obtaining written consent when required, including from survivors of violence and from the legal guardian/s of children under 18 years of age (mandatory use of UN Women consent form within the UN Women Photo Policy and Guidelines).
- The Consultant shall indenify, hold and save harmless, and defend, at its own expense, UN Women, its officials, employees, consultants, agents or other representatives from and against all suits, claims, demands, and liability of any nature or kind, including their costs and expenses arising out the Consultant’s violations of the representations and warranties above.
- The indemnity set forth, above, shall not apply to:
a.A claim of infringement resulting from the Consultant’s compliance with specific written instructions by UN Women directing a change in the specifications for the Deliverables or directing a manner of performance of the Contract not normally used by the Consultant; or b.A claim of infringement resulting from additions to or changes in any Deliverables furnished under the Contract if UN Women or another party acting under the direction of UN Women made the changes.
- UN Women shall advise the Consultant about any such suits, proceedings, claims, demands, losses or liability within a reasonable period of time after having received actual notice thereof. The Consultant shall have sole control of the defense of any such suit, proceeding, claim or demand and of all negotiations in connection with the settlement or compromise thereof, except with respect to the assertion or defense of the privileges and immunities of UN Women or any matter relating thereto, for which only UN Women itself is authorized to assert and maintain. UN Women shall have the right, at its own expense, to be represented in any such suit, proceeding, claim or demand by independent counsel of its own choosing.
- In the event the use by UN Women of any Deliverables provided to UN Women by the Consultant, in whole or in part, in any suit or proceeding, is for any reason enjoined, temporarily or permanently, or is found to infringe any patent, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right, or in the event of a settlement, is enjoined, limited or otherwise interfered with, then the Consultant, at its sole cost and expense, shall, promptly, either:
a) procure for UN Women the unrestricted right to continue using such Deliverables provided to UN Women; b) replace or modify the Deliverables provided to UN Women, or part thereof, with the equivalent or better product, or part thereof, that is non-infringing; or, c) refund to UN Women the full price paid by UN Women for the right to have or use such Deliverables, or part thereof.
- UN Women confirms that the whole of the copyright present, future or contingent whatsoever and all other right, title and interest in and to the Deliverables shall be vested in the Consultant throughout the world in accordance with all applicable copyright laws. The Consultant further acknowledges and agrees that UN Women shall have the unconditional non-exclusive and perpetual right to make use of the Deliverables including but not limited to the entire take of all photographs from the Assignment in such manner as UN Women shall in its sole discretion think fit including without limitation the right to include the Deliverables on its own website and/or in any other public relations materials used to promote UN Women. UN Women may re-edit the Deliverables or any part thereof as convenient for its own exploitation of the Deliverables in any medium. UN Women may provide the Deliverables to other UN agencies and the media at no cost and may apply a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDeriv 2.0 Generic license to the Deliverables.
- The provisions of this section 9 of the Terms of Reference shall supersede any inconsistent terms in the Contract for Consultant including the Conditions of Service for Consultants.
UN Women will provide the following support to the consultant:
- Briefing and detailed explanation of the kind of videos needed and help in defining the best contents of photos for different purposes;
- Programme information and editorial guidance to the Consultant to enable him/her to understand the Deliverables required and generate captions to embed in the Vediography;
- Assistance in acquiring access to specific locations in the form of a letter confirming that the consultant is on an assignment commissioned by UN Women;
- A UN Women country office staff member to accompany the Consultant to the selected project site.
Schedule of payment:
Payment in full upon final submission and satisfactory deliverables of each event and or assignment.
- Ability to film broadcast quality video and audio: HD 1920x1080 or better;
- Have Adobe Premiere Pro editing skills (and other professional editing software i.e. FCP X, Adobe After Effects);
- Have knowledge of different video formats and video file conversions;
- Have knowledge of converting of video files from multiple formats;
- Have Online video publishing and file transfer skills;
- Have working knowledge of YouTube and other social media sites;
- Have knowledge of lighting for video.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UN Women;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Fulfills all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: http://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-employment-values-and-competencies-definitions-en.pdf
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or any relevant fields (Journalism, Communications studies etc.
- At least 5 years working experience in videography with a record of providing high-quality, creative, images for clients;
- Have own camera or access to camera and other videography equipment;
- Experience capturing images for development organizations e.g NGO, UN Agencies, etc., is an asset;
- High level of creativity and initiative;
- Certain familiarity with development programmes/issues is an asset;
- Ability to communicate in English is an asset.
- Ability to communicate in English and Bangla is an asset.
Interested candidates are requested to submit:
- CV and P11;
- Letter of Interest containing the statement on candidate’s experience relevant to the assignment;
- Sample of 03 previous similar works/assignment/link;
- Financial proposal: Per day rate.
All applications must include (as an attachment) the CV and the financial proposal. Applications without financial proposal will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
. “Personal History Form - P 11” can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employme