Individual National Consultancy -strengthening adolescent health services in three Provinces in Nepal
This is a national consultancy under Health Section of UNICEF Nepal Country Office
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
The purpose of the consultants is to increase UNICEF capacity to support the federal and provinces as well as local level (Palikas) and ensure the adolescent health services are standardized, training packages are in place, and services expanded through quality technical assistance, continuous capacity building, monitoring implementation and enhancing accountability.
How can you make a difference?
- Provide technical support to develop implementation plan/guidelines based on the endorsed adolescent health and development strategy.
- Engage actively in developing adolescent mental health training package for health workers and orientation package for school teachers, in coordination with Family Health Division (FHD), Primary Health Care Revitalizing Division (PHC-RD), and National Health Training Centre (NHTC).
- Work with Family Health Division (FHD) and Primary Health Care Revitalizing Division (PHC-RD), and UNICEF Protection Section to develop screening package/tools.
- Provide technical support on field testing of training/orientation packages, and screening package/tools
- Support in training, mentoring and onsite coaching to adolescent responsive health service sites in province 2, 6 and 7.
- Work closely with C4D section designing communication materials related to adolescent health and HIV (including emergency related).
Duration of Contract
The duration of this contract is approximately 11 months and is expected to begin from 16 August 2018.
- Report on existing documents related to adolescent health, action plan of the deliverables, and technical support in developing Implementation Plan/Guidelines.
- Report on the product of mental health training package development for health workers and orientation package for school teachers, and the screening package/tools for adolescents.
- Report on the final product (after field testing) of mental health training package development for health workers and orientation package for school teachers, and the screening package/tools for adolescents.
- Report on the training, mentoring and onsite coaching on monthly basis.
- Submit the final consolidated report on adolescent health.
University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Medicine, Social Science
At least five years of experience in adolescent health and development.
Competencies: Good leadership, communication and negotiation skills at the national and field level. Experience and ability in partnership programming.
Languages: Excellent written and spoken English language.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Kathmandu (Nepal)
- Grade: International Consultant - Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Public Health and Health Service
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Children's rights (health and protection)
- Closing Date: 2018-07-31