SVN 2018/172 (P) - Human Resources Officer (P2) - Erbil, Iraq
Duty Station :Erbil, Iraq
Classification Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 31 July 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cabo Verde, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission, the overall supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer (SRMO) and the direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer (HRO), and in coordination with the Human Resources Division at Headquarters (HQs), Resources Management Unit in the Regional Office in Cairo, Manila Administrative Centre (MAC) and Panama Administrative Centre (PAC), the successful candidate will work closely with the colleagues in the Human Resources (HR) Unit in IOM Erbil to support and coordinate the human resources functions of all Offices in IOM Iraq.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Assist the HRO in reviewing and monitoring the Human Resources Management services in the Country Office in accordance with the Organization’s HR rules, regulations, policies, procedures and practices and in light of project activities in the region. 2. Supervise the maintenance of personnel files and attendance records of international, national and sub-contracted staff in the Mission.
3. Facilitate the maintenance and upkeep of the mission’s HR and training database Page 1 / 4Talent Management
4. Coordinate recruitment processes in the mission in close liaison with the HRO and SRMO and provide support to the mission in filling the appropriate staff vacancy needs, ensuring that relevant recruitment procedures are effectively and swiftly applied. 5. Ensure that new staff are sufficiently briefed, including through an appropriately updated “Welcome Package”, and able to assume functions at the Country Office in a timely fashion. 6. In coordination with the HRO, ensure timely and regular implementation of the Country Office’s Staff Evaluation System (SES) and encourage and provide guidance for the timely completion of the performance management process to ensure compliance with the Organization’s deadlines.
HR Policy and Advisory
7. Coordinate with HQs, MAC and the Finance team on issues related to the benefits and entitlements of Staff.
8. Assist in ensuring that the Third-Party Consultancy Management Contract is implemented. PRISM HR Administration
9. Monitor the contractual status and the administration of entitlements of local staff in the PRISM HR module.
10. Assist in supervising the preparation of the monthly payroll for national staff and ensure its accuracy and timeliness.
Monitoring and Reporting
11. Assist the HRO and SRMO in the preparation of administrative reports that may be required in coordination with the Heads of Units/Programmes.
12. Discuss audit recommendations on HR matters and in coordination with the HRO and SRMO, implement them upon instruction within the HR function.
13. Undertake regular trips to all offices in Iraq.
14. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or • University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience in human resources management, recruitment, organizational development; • Experience in field emergency operations;
• High level of computer literacy with experience in HR IT systems and applications; working knowledge of SAP is an advantage;
• Good knowledge of IOM/ UN human resources and financial policies and staff rules and regulations;
Page 2 / 4• Excellent organization skills; analytical and creative thinking; • Working experience in developing countries an added advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage. Note
With possible relocation to Baghdad in the future; subject to organizational needs assessment and effectiveness of the operations.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 31 July 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html Page 3 / 4In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 18.07.2018 to 31.07.2018
Requisition: SVN 2018/172 (P) - Human Resources Officer (P2) - Erbil, Iraq (55574983) Released Posting: Posting NC55574998 (55574998) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Erbil (Iraq)
- Grade: P-2, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2018-07-31