Marawi Coordination and Conflict Resolution Specialist
Iligan City (Philippines)
The Marawi siege that began in the latter part of May 2017 has caused severe destruction of facilities and more importantly loss of livelihoods and disruption in the food supply chain.
FAO is providing technical expertise and assistance to contribute to the achievement of the full recovery and rehabilitation process. FAO developed a document entitled FAO Response to Marawi and Affected Municipalities in Lanao del Sur, Emergency Assistance Linked to Short to Medium-term Recovery and Rehabilitation of the Agriculture and Fisheries Sector and the Food Supply Chain as basis for mobilizing external resources, including partnerships with other organizations to help in the achievement of the objectives to support Marawi.
FAO is also supporting the Task Force Bangon Marawi (TFBM) through its collaboration with DA and MinDA which are both members of the Sub Committee on Business and Livelihoods, in formulating the recovery and rehabilitation plan for agriculture and fisheries and the restoration of the food supply chain. The inter-agency task force was created by the President under Administrative Order no. 3, dated June 28, 2017 to work on the recovery, reconstruction and rehabilitation of Marawi City and other affected areas. Among its functions is the formulation and implementation of a comprehensive rehabilitation and recovery program based on a post-conflict assessment.
The Marawi Coordination/Conflict Resolution Specialist will report to the FAO Representative in the Philippines, under the direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative for Programme and day to day guidance of the Emergency Coordinator of the Mindanao and Emergency Response Group (natural and human-induced).
Tasks and responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Marawi Coordination/Conflict Resolution Specialist will support the efficient, coordinated and timely implementation of FAO response in the target areas. Specifically, he/she will carry out the following tasks within the area of assignment\:
Assist in maintaining an up-to-date monitoring system covering technical and administrative aspects of the project
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- The candidate must have an advance degree in the field of agriculture and practical experience on coordination and conflict resolution
- At least five years in the planning and implementation of agriculture and emergency response programmes at the field level.
- At least five years practical experience in the planning and implementation of agriculture and emergency response programmes at the field level
- Language requirement\: Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Tagalog
- Being a National of the Philippines
FAO Core Competencies
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23\:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact\: iRecruitment@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Iligan City (Philippines)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Conflict prevention
- Managerial positions
- Peace and Development
- Closing Date: 2018-11-01