UN House Receptionist vacancy - UN Moldova/Common Services
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the UN House Administrative and Finance Assistant, the UN House Receptionist provides telephone communication and general reception and information services as well as support in administrative and logistic processes in the UN House ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Receptionist displays a client-, quality- and results-oriented approach and promotes the values of United Nations.
The Receptionist works in close collaboration with the UN agencies staff located in UN House to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Provision of front-desk service and telephone communications services;
- Provision of administrative and logistical support;
- Support to UN Communication Unit and maintenance of databases;
- Contribute to knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
1. Ensure the provision of front-desk service, telephone communication services and mail registration focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring of all visitors to the UN House through the reception area:
- greet visitors with a smile and determine visitors’ needs in a professional manner;
- assist visitors by providing directions and accurate information related to UN and UN Agencies;
- deal tactfully with complaining and/or difficult visitors, without getting agitated or jeopardizing the image of UN;
- closely cooperate with UN House Security Guards in line with protocol and security instructions;
- follow up with colleagues if the visitors have not received the information/services requested.
- Operation and management of the telephone switchboard in accordance with appropriate protocol:
- answer and address incoming phone calls in a timely and polite manner, clearly determine the purpose of the call;
- screen calls before forwarding to the appropriate staff;
- deal with queries and provide clear and correct information;
- keep her-/himself informed about the developments in the UN to be able to respond to queries and requests.
- Weekly check and test of all lines of the telephone switchboard;
- Maintenance of recording information in the system, solution of minor technical problems, and reporting to telephone service provider for regular maintenance and repair.
- Management and planning of the front desk coverage. Ensure welcoming touches in the waiting area, such as flowers and magazines, UN brochures and other materials handy.
- Manage mail:
- sort, register and distribute all incoming mail (postal, diplomatic, electronic);
- translate incoming letters, and/or other official documents;
- prepare outgoing mail for pick-up or courier; ensure financial authorization accompanies any request for express courier services and forwards to Finance unit along with the airwaybill;
- follow up with staff and customers with regard to the undelivered mail.
- Helps the Executive Associates of the Agencies located in the UN House with information, logistic, administrative duties and acts as their back-up when applicable.
2. Ensure the of administrative and logistical support focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support to UN Agencies located in the UN House in administering the tender processes, including registration of offers,, in full compliance with the latest instructions on receipt of offers. Provide clarifications and information regarding the tender procedures to interested persons/companies.
- Monitoring of the use of UN House Conference rooms/spaces. Daily keep track of booking system.
- Coordination of the requests for logistic arrangements of the events in the UN Conference Room. Support in logistic and administrative arrangements for organizing events.
3. Provide support to the UN Communication team and ensure maintenance of the most updated UN staff and other contacts information, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection and update of UN staff contact information on a monthly basis, ensuring all data and information is correct and accurate.
- Update of the UN House telephone list and UN Directory, as well as of the contact lists of the counterparts, including Government, Parliament, NGOs, diplomatic missions, international organizations, think tanks, NGOs, media, educational establishments, public libraries and other important contacts.
- Dissemination of major publications issued by UN House Agencies, such as the UN Magazine and other corporate key reports such as MDG Reports, HDR, NHDR, as well as Christmas cards, etc. to counterparts.
- Regular update of the distribution list of publications and documents.
4. Contribute to knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support in spreading of important information about UN mandate internally and externally.
- Contribute to the positive image of the organization through professional and friendly interactions at the reception.
- Participation in trainings for the operations/projects staff on relevant topics.
- Contribute to identification, documenting and drafting of best practices and lessons learned.
The key results have an impact on the execution of the UN House reception and telephone services in terms of quality and accuracy of work completed. Accurate data entry, presentation of information and client-oriented approach enhances UN capability in implementing collaborative operation of UN Agencies.
A friendly and professional tone and actions are vital in this role, since the incumbent’s excellent communication skills, pleasant personality and ability to interact with people will directly impact on business image and presentation of the organization in the best possible manner.
The incumbent must also have a general knowledge of services provided by the UN and UN Agencies and be able to answer various questions when they occur.
- Demonstrates commitment to UN’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of clerical, administrative, secretarial best practices and procedures
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative
- Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy
- Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others
Managing Documents, Correspondence and Reports
- Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes/books and reports using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software
- Shows sound grasp of grammar, spelling and structure in the required language
- Ensures correspondence, reports and documents comply with established UN standards
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard
Planning, organizing and multi-tasking
- Organizes and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organizes workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education. University Degree in economics, international relations, public administration or other related field would be an advantage.
- 2 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in an international organization is a strong advantage.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software package.
- Fluency in Romanian, English and Russian.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: chisinau
- Grade: SB-2, Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement - Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-08-01