(For Lao National Only) Programme Associate (NIPN), IMIS#107146, EAPRO, UNICEF Vientiane, Lao-PDR
Vientiane (Lao )
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) in Vientiane, Lao PDR, requires an experienced and qualified Lao National to fill the position of Programme Associate at GS6 level to be based in UNICEF Country Office in Vientiane, Lao PDR. Under the supervision and guidance of the Chief of Policy, Monitoring and Evaluation Section, the Programme Associate (PA) supports the respective section by carrying out a range of procedural, administrative, and operational tasks to help develop, implement and monitor programme, ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) in Vientiane, Lao PDR, requires an experienced and qualified Lao National to fill the position of Programme Associate at GS6 level to be based in UNICEF Country Office in Vientiane, Lao PDR.
Duties and responsibilities:
Under the supervision and guidance of the Chief of Policy, Monitoring and Evaluation Section, the Programme Associate (PA) supports the respective section by carrying out a range of procedural, administrative, and operational tasks to help develop, implement and monitor programme, ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
1. Support to programme development, planning and execution of NIPN:
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, synthesizes and compiles qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers and presentations.
- Drafts project documents, work plans, budgets, and proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Carries out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Monitors and tracks the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery.
2. Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results:
- Prepares monitoring and reporting information for supervisor on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
- Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision and/or follow up.
3. Support in resource mobilization:
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information in support of preparing reports pertaining to donors (both current and potential).
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds.
- Carries out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
4. Support in knowledge management and capacity building:
- Researches, analyzes, verifies and synthesizes information on best practices and lessons learnt to support knowledge development and capacity building
- Supports capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by preparing training materials and participating on exercises pertaining to programme processes and procedures which aim to build capacity of stakeholders.
Qualifications and experience:
Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- Work Experience:
A minimum of six years of administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Language Proficiency:
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Vientiane (Lao )
- Grade: GS-6, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Children's rights (health and protection)
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-08-03