Individual Consultant for Adolescents Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH), Windhoek, Namibia
Assignment Title: Individual Consultant for Adolescents Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH)
Duty Station: Windhoek, Namibia
Duration: 5 months
Expected Period: August – December 2018
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Country office invites application for the individual consultancy position. This consultancy requires highly competent and professional individual with proven professional track record to provide policy, technical and strategic support to the Adolescents Sexual and Reproductive Health programme
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the overall guidance of the UNFPA Representative and the direct supervision of the Assistant Representative the Consultant for Adolescents Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) will provide policy and technical support for UNFPA’s response to national ASRH priorities. S(he) will specifically carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical support and strategic guidance in the development, monitoring and implementation of policies, plans, and strategies for ASRH in context of the SDGs.
- Advocate and provide technical guidance for a multisectoral approach to ASRH, including incorporation and prioritization of ASRH strategies in national and sectoral development frameworks and plans.
- Support the UN interagency collaboration and joint programming efforts in ASRH including joint planning, monitoring and evaluation and provision of substantive input.
- Participate and provide technical input and feedback in national and sector dialogue, and in development partners fora
- Collaborate with government, other development partners, and civil society organizations to promote an integrated approach to resource mobilization and national capacity building for youth and adolescent SRH issues
- Participate in conceptualization and development of UNFPA -supported ASRH interventions that provide the most appropriate contribution to national ASRH efforts using lessons learned and evidence
- Provide technical support to monitoring of ASRH interventions including in the collection, analysis and utilization of data to support results-based planning and strategic information.
- Promote relevant linkages between UNFPA-supported ASRH interventions with efforts to promote young people’s empowerment and gender equality, and prevention of early marriage, unwanted pregnancy and prevention/management of STIs and HIV/AIDS.
- Guide and strengthen strategies that promote the provision of correct information and services on SRH, including contraceptive choices, comprehensive sexuality education from a rights holders and duty bearers’ perspective
- Participate in preparation of reports for submission to Regional Office, donors and other reporting mechanisms.
- Participate in organizing high level management advocacy dialogues promoting empowerment and integrated ASRH
- Work plan and budget management, oversight and monitoring of implementing partners (IPs) working in the area of ASRH
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in youth development, Public Health, Education, Nursing/Midwifery, Medicine or other relevant development field;
- At least 2 years of relevant professional work experience in programme/project management in the public or private sector which demonstrates expertise in the substantive area of programme experience
- Experience in programming for and in policy analysis or policy research on initiatives addressing universal access to ASRH, specifically unmet needs and ASRH/Young People will be an asset
- Excellent command of English language both spoken and written;
Skills and Competencies
- Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills;
- Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team;
- Flexible and open to learning and new experiences;
- Respect for diversity and adaptability to other cultures, environments and living conditions;
- Computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media, and others).
- Commitment to the values and principles of organization
Applicants with the required qualifications and experience should submit a written letter of application, a copy of curriculum vitae (CV), completed UN P11 form (https://sas.undp.org/documents/p11_personal_history_form.docx) relevant education certificates and the names and contact information of three references.
All application needs to be submitted addressed to (Leatishia Vries) through the email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Windhoek (Namibia)
- Grade: International Consultant - Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Women's Empowerment and Gender Mainstreaming
- Public Health and Health Service
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Children's rights (health and protection)
- Closing Date: 2018-07-27