ICT Officer - (only open for Afghan nationality) - Job Location: Kabul Support Office - Afghanistan
Purpose of the Job: The purpose of the ICT Officer position is to provide support on specific technical competences related to program and support development.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Note: For more details about the position, kindly refer to the job description attached at the bottom.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Provide full IT support and Provide network solutions for NRC Afghanistan, Kabul Main Office & Guesthouse – domain organization, Active Directory structure, remote control/support, firewall, antivirus installation and other relevant software & hardware.
- Pro-actively recognize requirements of NRC Afghanistan, Kabul Main Office & Guesthouse employees and provide training for network users.
- Ongoing network implementation occasioned by opening/closing of NRC Afghanistan, Kabul Main Office & Guesthouse.
- Analysis of problems, finding and delivering permanent solutions to problems, pro-actively troubleshooting and providing durable solutions to re-current problems.
- Submission of both weekly and monthly reports on all activities achieved during the past month/week.
- Ensures IT procedures & policy are followed in NRC Afghanistan, Kabul Main Office & Guesthouse.
- Provides IT support & help desk facility.
- Different software configuration and installation.
- Maintain IT equipment and software inventory weekly and Filing IT item damage reports.
- Handover of IT items; managing IT stock; taking the repairable IT items to workshop.
- Back-up of data regularly/systems.
- Online control of IT system in NRC Kabul Main Office.
- Servers configuration guided by IT Coordinator.
- Trouble shooting and protection the NRC network systems against Mal wares, ad wares, Malicious & virus’
- Update Windows, anti-virus/malware software, and other software with patches and new version
- Implement and administer the office network according to HQ Field IT Policies and Procedures
- Supervise installations performed by third parties such as cabling, Internet connection, etc.
- Implement and enforce security on the network and prevent misuse of the IT resources.
- Set up and ensure reliable Internet connectivity.
- Configure and install workstations, printers, client software etc.
- Regular service and maintenance of ICT Accessories in quarterly.
- Bachelor in IT Computer Science.
- Three years’ experience in IT field.
- Experience from working ICT field in a humanitarian, INGO, UN agencies, ISPs
- MCSE, MSCA, CCNA, CompTIA, MCP Course/Certification will be plus point.
- Provide basic training to end users on both hardware and applicable software.
- Very good knowledge and understanding of Windows 2003, 2008 2012 & 2016 Server, Active Directory, windows domain environment – DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, remote control, Dell/HP, Cisco, Networking. Back up data system.
- A+ Hardware with Networking.
- Good knowledge of anti-virus and Cisco firewall / Devices software.
- Good Knowledge of Cisco & Microsoft network environment.
- understanding of other IT matters – Office 2010,2016, windows 10, e-mail PST, OST, File knowledge.
- Having Ability to install and working with different Operating systems.
- Good communication, Organizational, team working and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English language – written and spoken (fluent), Pashto and Dari.
- Education title: Bachelor in IT Computer Science.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Kabul Kabul
- Grade: Level not specified
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Closing Date: 2018-07-25