HR and Admin Coordinator
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
NRC has decided that it will open an emergency response in Libya to respond to humanitarian needs of the displaced and conflict affected civilians. In line with NRC’s ambition of being present where needs are, an office will be opened in Tripoli, and most likely a field office in Benghazi. At present, NRC is looking at responding to needs within the following core competencies; Shelter, and Education.
We believe in Rights Respected & People Protected.
Want to learn more about NRC? please visit our website https://www.nrc.no/who-we-are/about-us/ , also you can read our policy paper attached below.
The HR and Admin Coordinator will ensure compliance with NRC policies and procedures in Libya, and capacity building for national staff in office.
In this position you’ll get your accommodation, home leave & round trip tickets, and R&R covered.
Also, you’ll be covered by a medical insurance and get benefit of our pension system.
We are looking for a passionate HR professional who has experience in compliance, contracts management, recruitment and capacity development.
BA Degree in Human Resources Management/Management, and minimum of 5 years’ experience from working in a similar position in complex and volatile contexts. Experience in the humanitarian sector is strongly desirable.
Fluency in English and Arabic is essential.
- Implement and train staff in NRC’s HR policies and procedures at the office.
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies and the local labour law in all procedures and processes.
- Coordinate with relevant partners, suppliers, authorities, lawyers etc.
- Ensure that staff database and contact list are updated on a monthly basis. Liaise with field offices to ensure staff database in the area offices are always updated. Responsible to update staff database in AGRESSO accordingly.
- Ensure that staff contact list is updated on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for arranging induction of new staff.
- Support HRO in identifying training needs/staff development for NRC in staff in Libya.
- Ensure reporting, documenting and payment of staff benefits, social security, taxes etc.
- Introduce new initiatives to improve HR system. Implement new initiatives of tracking system for i.e. staff leave, etc.
- Prepare periodic HR reports.
- Assist Support Manager in other HR and Admin related issues in Country Office, particularly related to local regulations.
- Conduct regular visit to support Field Offices to provide support to HR Officers in the field.
- Provide support for recruitment in Country Office and field offices as needed. This would include posting advertisement in webcruiter, shortlisting, arranging interviews, etc.
- Ensure high confidentiality is maintained in the work performed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Line Manager.
- Contract period: 6 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
- Duty station: Tripoli, Libya
- Non-Family duty station
- Travel: up to 40%
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start
- NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
- NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
- NB: Please enter the geographical location in the "Company name" field for both company and location on your application.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Tripoli (Lebanon)
- Grade: Mid level
- Human Resources
- Operations and Administrations
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-08-05