SVN 2018/175 (P) - Resources Management Officer (P3) - Athens, Greece
Position Title Resources Management Officer
Duty Station :Athens, Greece Classification Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 01 August 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cabo Verde, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM), in close collaboration with the Senior Regional Resources Management Officer (SRRMO) at Regional Office Brussels, and in cooperation with the Department of Resources Management (DRM) and relevant units in Headquarters (HQs) as well as Administrative Centres in Manila and Panama, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for supervising the administrative, budgetary, financial, information technology, procurement, logistics and human resources functions of the mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Monitor and oversee the financial management of all activities in the country including the oversight of financial expenditure and accountability to ensure expenditures remain within authorized levels; undertake financial analysis of projects in the Mission and take action to resolve anomalies and unusual trends.
2. Supervise management of the treasury by forecasting cash flows according to activities in the country and ensuring daily control of funds disbursed; ensure funding is received in accordance with donor agreements. Maintain appropriate internal controls to safeguard the Organization’s assets, control cash and prevent fraud.
Page 1 / 43. Coordinate and review budgets, financial reports for donors and others, and financial analysis of projects and programmes in accordance with IOM and donor reporting requirements; oversee budget control process and analyse variances between budget and actual expenditures. 4. Produce local procedures, in coordination with the RO and relevant HQs units, taking into consideration the volume of activities, staffing and constraints and specific needs of the Mission. 5. Inspect payroll versus budgets, ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with IOM's projectization criteria.
6. Supervise and build the capacity of mission staff in the areas of finance, human resources, administration, logistics and procurement and take actions to resolve anomalies and unusual trends. Support and offer guidance to other units (programmes and sub-offices) on above matters with a view to increasing their effectiveness.
7. Assist the CoM in managing the human resources function and make recommendations on recruitment and personnel administration of local staff. Apply Human Resources (HR) policies, rules and regulations, and in coordination with relevant units in HQs and the Regional Office make recommendations for resolving difficult and sensitive cases.
8. Coordinate the financial and administrative aspects of funding agreements with donors and the validity of contracts with suppliers of goods and services and related administration authorities in cooperation with relevant units in HQs and Administrative Centres, as applicable. 9. Assist in monitoring, assessing and evaluating the administrative and financial aspects of emergency programme-related activities of the Mission and its sub-offices.
10. Oversee the overall management of the Mission's office premises, equipment, vehicles and supplies.
11. Liaise with governmental, intergovernmental, and other partner entities in order to ensure smooth implementation of IOM emergency operations.
12. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance Management, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience. • Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
• Field experience working in emergencies in the EU context is considered an asset; • Experience in as well as financial management of EU funded projects are highly desirable; • Experience in dealing with EC audits is highly desirable;
• Professional experience in financial management, accounting and budgeting;
• Excellent knowledge of human resources management;
• Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with international institutions;
• Familiarity with financial oversight and public administration;
Page 2 / 4• Experience in project management and monitoring is an advantage;
• Knowledge of International Public-Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and SAP desirable; • Experience in dealing with EC audits is considered an asset.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 01 August 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Page 3 / 4Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 19.07.2018 to 01.08.2018
Requisition: SVN 2018/175 (P) - Resources Management Officer (P3) - Athens, Greece (55577538) Released
Posting: Posting NC55577553 (55577553) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Athens (Greece)
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Mid level
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2018-08-01