Financial management specialist
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture (ITPGRFA) is a legally binding instrument with the objective to facilitate conservation and sustainable use of plant genetic resources for food and agriculture and the fair and equitable sharing of benefits derived from their use. The Governing Body of the ITPGRFA is composed of all Contracting Parties to the ITPGRFA. The Secretariat of the Governing Body is hosted in the Climate, Biodiversity, Land and Water Department and it assists the Governing Body in the implementation of its programme of work.
The purpose of this call is to attract talents with experience and expertise in financial management in an international organization and to populate the ITPGRFA Specialist Roster. Experts who are registered in the Roster are available for consideration whenever relevant opportunities arise.
The assignment can be from 1 month up to 11 months. The possibility of extension is subject to satisfactory performance and depending on the resources and needs of the Organization. Contracts will be based in FAO HQ or home-based. The consultant may be required to travel for meetings and field missions.
The Consultants will report to the Secretary or the Programme Officer of the Secretariat, depending on their specific assignment.
Support the work of the Secretariat related to the financial management of the work programme of the Governing Body and the Secretariatâs work plan.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Advanced university degree (for Consultants) or University degree (for PSA) in economics, finance, accounting, business administration or a closely related field
- Minimum three years of relevant experience in relation to financial management, especially trust fund management, in an international organization
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the following; French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian (for PSA, working knowledge of English is required)
FAO Core Competencies
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: rome
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Banking and Finance
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2018-10-20