Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Programme Specialist and guidance of senior programme staff, the Programme Associate ensures effective delivery of the CO’s Governance, Inclusive Growth and Social Cohesion programme by entering and managing data and supporting programme implementation consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The Programme Associate will provide support to the Programme staff in the implementation of programme/project activities ensuring the smooth coordination of logistical arrangements for events, workshops, seminars and briefings of government counterparts.
The Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the CO and UNDP HQs as required for resolving complex finance-related issues and exchange of information. In this context the Programme Associate will establish close synergies with and seek guidance from the operations teams in terms of operational policies and procedures.
Incumbent will approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude and display a strong client orientation. As such s/he will display flexibility in performing other emerging tasks assigned by RR/RC, CD or supervisor/manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Support to formulation of GIG&SC programme strategies and implementation of the Country Programme Action Plan
- Support to management of the CO’s GIG&SC programme
- Administrative support to the Programme Unit
- Support to resource mobilization
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1) Supports formulation of programme strategies and implementation of the Country Programme Action Plan focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection, analysis, and presentation of background information for preparation of CCA, UNDAF, CPD, CPAP, effective application of RBM tools and establishment of management targets (BSC).
- Presentation of background information for formulation of country programme, draft project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
2) Provides effective support to management of the CO programme focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Creation of a project in Atlas, preparation of required budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial close of a project.
- Provision of guidance to the executing agencies on routine implementation of projects.
- Presentation of information for audit of NIM projects, supports implementation of audit recommendations
3) Provides administrative support to the Programme Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Review of NIM projects Financial Reports; preparation of non-PO vouchers for development projects.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas.
- Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved voucher
- Creation of requisitions in Atlas for development projects, register of goods receipt in Atlas.
- Making budget check for requisitions, POs and vouchers. Preparation of vouchers and requisitions for development projects.
- Support to project asset management including acquisition, verification, and disposal of projects’ physical assets in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Oversight of disposal of items and accuracy of inventory data.
4) Supports resource mobilization focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Analysis of information on donors, preparation of donor’s profile.
- Track and reporting on mobilized resources. Review of contributions agreement, managing contributions in Atlas.
5) Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Ability to make new and useful ideas work - Level 3: Adapts deliverables to meet client needs
Ability to persuade others to follow - Level 3: Proactively seeks and recognizes contributions of others
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction - Level 3: Appropriately involves team in different stages of work and decision-making
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform - Level 3: Expresses information and views with adaptive reasoning and appreciation for complexity and variation
Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement - Level 3: Takes responsibility for addressing critical situations and delivering core value
Ability to plan, organize, and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals - Level 3: Implement & Manage: Exercises skills and knowledge independently, demonstrating ability to manage self and team responsibilities, in area of work
Ability to manage programmes and projects with a strategy aimed at improved performance and demonstrable results. - Level 3: Implement & Manage: Exercises skills and knowledge independently, demonstrating ability to manage self and team responsibilities, in area of work
Collaboration and Partnerships
Ability to analyze general information and select materials in support of partnership building - Level 3: Implement & Manage: Exercises skills and knowledge independently, demonstrating ability to manage self and team responsibilities, in area of work
Ability to maintain information/databases on potential and actual donors and provides data and information needed for preparation of project documents - Level 3: Implement & Manage: Exercises skills and knowledge independently, demonstrating ability to manage self and team responsibilities, in area of work
Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge - Level 3: Implement & Manage: Exercises skills and knowledge independently, demonstrating ability to manage self and team responsibilities, in area of work
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education, preferably with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance.
- University Degree in Law, Business and Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences and Social Sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level supporting multinational development programmes.
- 3 years of relevant experience will suffice if in possession of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems
- Proficiency in English and Portuguese.
- Knowledge of other UN official languages is desirable.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: maputo
- Grade: GS-6, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Democratic Governance
- Project and Programme Management
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-08-03