1. Administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies
2. Administration of human resources
3. Performance management and career development
4. Conduct of UN-related surveys
5. Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1) Ensures administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies, adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Full compliance of HR recording and reporting systems with UN rules and regulations, UNDP policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control framework, proper functioning of the HR management system.
• Provision of advice and information on corporate strategies, changes in rules and regulations, implementation of personnel rules, strategic use of contractual modalities, application of entitlements, change management processes.
• CO HR business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management.
2) Ensures effective administration of human resources focusing on the achievement of the following results:
• Organization of recruitment processes including drafting job description, provision of input to job classification process, vacancy announcement, screening of candidates, participation in interview panels. Provision of advice on recruitment in UNDP projects.
• Creation/update of positions in Atlas, association of positions to chart fields (COAs), update of COA information, setting up vendor, performing the functions of Admin.HR, Position Administrator and Absence Processor in Atlas. Preparation of contracts (100/300 series, SSAs, SCs) and recurring vouchers in Atlas. Timely follow up with Finance staff on Global payroll issues.
• Monitoring and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivity, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas.
• Maintenance of the CO staffing table.
• Preparation or review of submissions to the Compliance Review Panel (CRP) and Board (CRB).
• Administration of International staff entitlements and position funding delegated to COs.
• Administration of the CO rosters, including e-rosters.
• Validation of cost-recovery charges in Atlas for HR services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
3) Ensures proper staff performance management and career development focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Facilitation of the performance appraisal process and maintenance of the related data, monitoring and reporting on compliance, and acting as Secretary of the TMRG.
• Gather and analyze data from PMD.
• Participation in preparation of the Whole Office Learning plan and individual learning plans in consultation with the Senior Management and Learning Manager(s).
4) Ensures conduct of UN-related surveys focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Collection of information and preparation of reports for comprehensive and interim local salary, hardship and place-to-place surveys. Participation in the work of LSSC.
• Analyze the results of GSS Survey for the CO and contribute to the development of an action plan recommending interventions and corrective actions where necessary.
5) Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Organization of trainings for the operations/projects staff on HR issues.
• Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR.
• Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
6) Manages the HR team
• Provision of effective direction to and empowerment of member(s) of the team.
• Management of team in compliance with corporate human resources policies and strategies.
• Management of team and individual performance.
• Support of supervisee(s) in facilitating their learning and development.
• Support of supervisees in maintenance of their health and well-being, safety and security.