1) Implementation of ICT strategies and introduction/implementation of new technologies
2) Effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages
3) Networks administration
4) Provision of web management services
5) Provision of administrative support
6) Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1) Ensures implementation of ICT strategies and introduction/implementation of new technologies focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the CO technology environment.
• Elaboration of internal policies and procedures on the use of ICT. Elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance in consultation with office management.
• Development and update of the ICT annual plan.
• Provision of support to the use of Atlas functionality for improved business results and improved client services.
2) Ensures effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages focusing on the achievement of the following results:
• Provision of advice on maintenance of equipment and acquisition of hardware supplies, making routine repairs and change of hardware electronic components.
• Supervision of the implementation of corporate UNDP systems.
• Development of new software for high impact results (e.g. office management system, electronic registry, etc.).
3) Ensures efficient networks administration focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Operation of network utility procedures defining network users and security attributes establishing directories, menus and drive-mappings, configuring network printers and providing user access.
• Trouble-shooting and monitoring of network problems.
• Response to user needs and questions regarding network access.
• Maintenance of up-to-date parameters of information for the network clients and electronic mail.
• Implementation of backup and restoration procedures for local drives. Maintenance of backup logs. Organization of off-site storage of backups.
• Timely LAN Infrastructure and Internet connectivity upgrade to meet UNDP requirements.
4) Provides web management services focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Identification of the opportunities and ways of converting business processes into web-based systems to address the issues of efficiency (office management system, donor profile software, knowledge management systems).
• Creation and maintenance of the CO web site and intranet ensuring that the content is updated and meets the requirements of UNDP.
5) Provides administrative support focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Provision of advice on and assistance in procurement of new equipment for the CO and projects, provision of technical specifications and information on best options in both local and international markets, review of quotations and bids.
• Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of the software and hardware.
• Maintenance of the library of reference materials.
• Maintenance of the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Procurement Unit.
6) Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Identification and promotion of different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge management and sharing, information provision.
• Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on ICT issues.
• Maintenance of staff training profiles.
• Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in ICT.
• Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.