HR Coordinator (National Post) - Syria Response Office
Amman, 0152 Amman
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are seeking a motivated professional to join our Syria Response Office’s dedicated Human Resources team. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor degree in a relevant field and a minimum of 3 years of experience working in the Human Resources preferably in the humanitarian context, with an experience working on a range of HR areas.
Additional useful skills include experience in strategic workforce planning, experience in remotely supporting teams, advanced working knowledge of MS office package, good communication and interpersonal skills, and fluency in both English and Arabic language.
Purpose of the position:
The HR Coordinator, under guidance of the HR Manager, is the primary focal point on HR for the Area offices, supporting the HR teams in the field with technical advice and support in all HR areas. In addition, in cooperation with the Technical Officer, provides HR Administrative support and contributes to the execution of a range of tasks. The HR Coordinator also provides support and contributes to the implementation of workforce planning and to the development of an HR strategy and its implementation. The HR Coordinator will also play a leading role in monitoring the implementing SOPs across area offices and in improving and/or developing new SOPs as necessary. The HR Coordinator is also responsible for recruitment of staff in Amman and have a leading role in developing and strengthening induction/onboarding processes across SRO. The HR Coordinator will liaise with HR colleagues in the Regional Office as well as other countries.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Be the main HR focal point for HR teams in the Area Offices, in addition to the HR Manager
· Pro-actively support Area Managers, Support Managers and HR Coordinators in running an effective HR function in the Area Offices
· Contribute to the improvement of HR teams’ effectiveness in the Area Offices
· Support NRC managers on workforce planning and its implementation, including the monitoring of HR indicators across the Offices
· Provide guidance to HR teams and HR managers on the implementation of HR policy and procedures.
· Ensure SOPs across HR areas are followed and implemented, ensuring compliance and spot checking in Area Offices on all processes
· Participate in the drafting of HR reports
· In collaboration with the Administrative Officer, ensure that administrative tasks are taken care of on a daily basis
· Ensure that recruitment processes are implemented on time and within existing policy and procedures
· Liaise with NRC Lawyers on all related legal matters with relevance to the set Laws for different area offices
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Contract period: 12 months
Duty Station: Amman
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Amman, 0152 Amman
- Grade: Mid level
- Human Resources
- Disaster Management (Preparedness, Resilience, Response and Recovery)
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-07-26