Logistics Officer - Tehran based (Iran Nationals Only) - Iran
Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, food security, livelihoods, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 6000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. NRC runs the world’s largest standby rosters NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
NRC in the Islamic Republic in Iran
NRC started operations in Iran in 2012. We currently deliver humanitarian assistance in 6 provinces in the sectors of Education, Food Security and livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter construction, as well as Information, Counseling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). We co-lead several technical inter-agency working groups and provide capacity building to humanitarian partners in country. Next to our programs, NRC Iran also built an advocacy unit to develop joint messages and initiatives amongst INGOs to improve rights of the displaced.
Following several recent breakthroughs, NRC Iran is scaling up substantially its activities in support of the Government of Iran efforts towards an estimated 3,6 million Afghans residing in country and is expanding its programme unit.
About the position: Logistics Officer for NRC Iran (Sistan Baluchestan)
NRC is now seeking a dedicated Logistics Officer to support NRC Iran's activities in Sistan and Baluchestan. The Logistics Officer will support the Emergency and Early recovery Project Manager in ensuring smooth and efficient project implementation in Sistan and Baluchestan.
Our ideal Candidate
Are you NRC’s future Logistics Officer in Iran? NRC has a fantastic opportunity for a passionate ,organized and analytical thinker person with a proven track record of efficient experience in logistics and finace functions to give support to a rapidly expanding programme.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the logistics function
- Promote the rights of refugees in line with advocacy strategy
- Lead in management of logistics supplier lists including performance monitoring and measurement and market survey as well as collaboration on development and enforcement of all required logistics Standard Operating Procedures for NRC Iran operations.
- Other duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
- Management of out posted petty cash as per NRC Financial regulations;
- Clearing of travel cost and reimbursement claims offline.
- Coordination with Finance unit in country office on payments status and cash flow forecast.
- Act as Procurement Officer in organizing, conducting and facilitating bid committee meetings in accordance with logistics handbook, procurement SOP and Bid Committee SOP.
- University degree in industrial management, business administration, finance, marketing or similar specialties with focus on supply chain management
- Experience in Logistics or as Support officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Strong ability to write reports and official correspondence
- Strong relationship building skills
- Experience in working with contractors
- Basic knowledge of the humanitarian context and/or refugee context in Afghanistan is a plus
- Full professional proficiency in English and Persian, both written and spoken
Duty Station: Tehran with 50% travel to Sistan and Baluchestan
Contract duration/until: until end of 2018, with possibility of extension
Salary/Benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
NRC reserves rights to withdraw th application before its deadline if find suitable candidate/s
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Tehrān (Iran)
- Grade: Junior
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date: 2018-08-14