Education Assistant - (only open for Afghan female nationality) - Job Location: Nangarhar - Afghanistan
Purpose of the job:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
The purpose of Education Assistant position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of the Education project. she will be reporting to education coordinator and will be responsible for providing over all support to ALP and EiE classes along with SIP component. The education assistant will work under the direct supervision of education coordinator and will provide support in the implementation of ALP and EiE.
Note: For more details about this position, please refer to the JD attached at the bottom.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Provide support in the overall implementation of ALP/EiE.
- Provide some specific Training for Teachers and community shuras.
- Conduct the Regular meeting with stick holders.
- Provide support to the implementation of Hygiene Promotion trainings.
- PDM of SIP supplies.
- Community mobilization and awareness.
- Preparation of administrative and logistic documents.
- Individual follow up and interviews with learners and graduates.
- Providing field support to the SIP, EiE and ALP activities.
- Any other task as assigned by line Manager.
- 14th Grade Diploma from TTC or Bachelor Degree in Education or other related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 Year progressive experience from working as a Project Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context with INGOs.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Working experience with humanitarian program in the fields of Accelerated Learning Program and Education overall.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Fluency in Pashto & Dari, English will be plus point.
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative).
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Good understanding of complex emergencies and crisis contexts.
- Flexible and creative.
- Strong organizational and logistical skills.
- Education title: 14th Grade Diploma from TTC or Bachelor Degree in Education or other related field is preferred.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Nangarhar Nangarhar
- Grade: Junior
- Education, Learning and Training
- Administrative support
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Closing Date: 2018-08-05