The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services (CS) – Information Technology (IT) - Information Technology Management Office (ITMO – Budget Contract and Vendor Management Unit (BCV), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
IT Budget and Reporting Officer
This is a full time temporary position at grade 4/5
The term of this contract will be 1 year; as this is a temporary replacement assignment, no extension or conversion of the contract is foreseen
Panel interviews are anticipated for end of September/beginning of October.
As the IT Budget & Reporting Officer, you will co-ordinate and manage the IT Department’s annual current and capital budgets. You will ensure the optimal coordination between budget forecast, operational activity planning and resource planning of the annual and multi annual budgets, as well as analysing trends on IT expenditure and presenting these results to IT management for decision.
You will report to the Head of Budget, Contract and Vendor Management Unit and work in close cooperation with all Heads of Units, Heads of Divisions in the IT Department as well as the CS central budget function.
Internally, you will work with Head of IT, IT Heads of Department, all our IT Divisions and Units, Procurement, Compliance, Financial Control, Internal Audit, Budget Planning & Analytics, Personnel services, IT and accounting services of the EIF and work in close collaboration with the CS central budget function. Externally, you will have contacts with peers from other EU/Financial Institutions, our external consultants and external auditors.
- Plan, implement and report on all budgetary and financial aspects related to the activities of the IT Department in order to establish transparent and reliable budgetary controls and associated reporting, and to ensure compliance with our policies and procedures.
- Manage the IT Department’s budget in line with the CS budget reporting requirements and with our standards and requirements for budgetary planning, control and reporting.
- Prepare key performance, budgeting & costing analyses and reports for the IT Department decision makers and advise them in the allocation of the budget. Whenever requested, present information for decision-making.
- Cooperate with decision makers in the IT Department to optimise budget forecast and resource planning.
- Control the payment of invoices and reconciliation of budgetary data including all outsourced parties.
- Manage budget related reporting processes for IT: coordinate data collection, ensure a timely delivery of budget related reports.
- Ensure diffusion of information essential to IT staff and decision makers; proactively inform about updates to IT related documents (manuals, accounting standards, invoice management system, external billing process, contract register, etc.).
- Keep abreast of guidelines and rules in relation to the EIB’s procurement rules and budgetary standards and policies: PROCUR Vademecum, Accounting standards FC/Admin Ex.
- Contribute to managing and maintaining an up-to-date contract register for IT contracts: nature of the contract, contract documents, external companies or clients, duration, invoicing.
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or a business related field.
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a budget monitoring and control function preferably gained in part with an international organisation or company.
Key technical/professional knowledge and skills
- Good knowledge of all aspects of business planning and performance, budgeting and cost accounting processes.
- Knowledge of quantitative and analytical techniques and tools in the domain of Finance.
- Good knowledge of EU procurement regulations and practices.
- Good understanding of the EIB objectives, strategies, policies and processes.
- Good knowledge of budgeting and procurement of IT products and services
- Knowledge of the Bank’s IT applications for Enterprise Performance Management (e.g. PeopleSoft Financial/EPM) or other Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions, and reporting (Business Objects).
- Good knowledge of standard office tools, in particular proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point.
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French(*), with a good knowledge of the other. (Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage).
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
Deadline for applications: 5th September 2018
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.