Monitoring & Evaluation Speclt
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the execution of UNDP’s grant M&E function both at Primary Recipient (PR) and Sub-Recipient (SR) levels, focusing on the following:
- Develop, update and report on the UNDP’s M&E Framework and Plan for the HIV Grant, mainstreaming gender, and ensuring consistency with the national M&E framework
- Develop or update Terms of Reference for UNDP M&E Visits
- Ensure that the UNDP M&E Plan is effectively implemented
- Strengthen and/or enforce existing M&E systems, processes and tools, including tools for the review of programmatic reports and for the documentation of field visit findings and recommendations
- Coordinate the implementation of UNDP’s M&E Plan with Sub-Recipients, other UNDP partners, and whenever necessary the Country Co-ordination Mechanism (CCM)
- Work to ensure the quality and timeliness of grant data reported by UNDP, in collaboration with INLS Management and relevant Departments;
- Ensure that the programmatic sections of UNDP’s PUDR is completed in a timely and quality assured manner
- Provide timely and adequate response to LFA queries on the PR programmatic data
- Ensure adequate Global Fund Project management in ATLAS through the timely updating of project information
- Prepare periodic programmatic reports to UNDP through UNDP’s corporate planning and reporting system on a quarterly, semi-annual and annual basis
- Prepare periodic programmatic reports for the CCM, the UN Joint Team on HIV/aids, the UN Country Team, bilateral partners, and the general public as and when necessary, using a gender sensitive approach
- Ensure the development and submission of SR periodic workplans to UNDP
- Monitor the implementation of SR workplans including through participation in SR activities
- Anticipate, identify and work to resolve bottlenecks to programme implementation
- Ensure SR compliance with UNDP’s reporting schedules, adequate use of reporting templates, follow-up on recommendations from UNDP’s field visits
- Lead on the periodic review of SR performance through the analysis of programmatic and financial reports
- Review the quality of SR data sources, the methods of collecting them, and ensure that data quality standards are monitored and met.
- Promote disaggregation of data by age and gender
- Identify and work to enforce remedial actions in case of disparity between planned and actual outputs
- Draft Management Letters addressed by UNDP to SRs following quarterly reporting
- Plan and carry out SR programmatic performance evaluation exercises
- Support INLS efforts to strengthen the quality of HIV data and lead on the follow-up to the 2018 Audit of PLHIV Patients data on behalf of UNDP;
- Represent UNDP in the INLS M&E Group
- Support the Ministry of Health efforts to strengthen the National Health Information System (DHIS 2); represent UNDP in the DHIS 2 working group
- Lead on the implementation of the M&E component of the INLS Capacity-Building Plan
- Identify and respond to capacity-building needs in the area of M&E among SRs and SSRs
- Source and manage technical assistance in grant M&E for SRs and SSRs
- Participate in external supervision and evaluation missions of the GF and other agencies by facilitating access to M&E data as required
- Participate in and contribute to the finalization of Monitoring and Evaluation Frameworks for the National HIV/aids Strategy and Plan; promote gender mainstreaming
- Develop information and communication materials about the UNDP GF project (project briefs, press releases, presentations etc.)
- Collaborate and coordinate with other UN agencies, government agencies, NGOs, and other organisations on monitoring and evaluation issues in Angola
- Lead and manage the PMU’s M&E Team of 1 M&E Associate and 1 M&E Assistant : develop individual and team workplans; ensure team performance; initiate staff performance appraisal processes
- Help develop and monitor the PMU’s periodic workplan
- Help formulate and monitor the PMU’s Key Performance Indicators in the areas of Programme management, SR management, Financial management and Procurement and Supply Management
- Help develop and monitor the PMU’s Risk Management Strategy, Plan and Matrix
- Help ensure timely execution of Grant management Actions
- Help ensure compliance with the Standard Framework Agreement between the Global Fund and UNDP; UNDP rules and regulations as well as terms and conditions of SR Agreements
- Help ensure the timely development of PUDRs, including PSM and Finance sections
- Support Global Fund Programme audits, SR Audits and the follow up on all audit recommendations in liaison with the Audit Focal point in the Country Office and the PMU’s Senior Finance Specialist.
- Anticipate and/or identify potential implementation issues; recommend appropriate solutions to the Project Coordinator to achieve results and/or ensure compliance
- Maintain cooperative relationships with all project stakeholders, policy makers and donor partners
- Act as interim Project Coordinator as and when necessary
- Undertake any other tasks as assigned by the Project Coordinator for the overall Management of the Project
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Shares knowledge and experience;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skill.
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to managing data, reporting, technical and administrative services in support of programme activities;
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new system, including new IT based systems.
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Presentation skills;
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view;
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Economics, International Development, Public Administration or any development related field.
- Degree or qualification in medical sciences or project management an asset.
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience in the planning, management and M&E of programmes in the health sector, with a focus on HIV
- Experience in planning, gathering, analyzing and reporting information needed for M&E systems, from implementing partners
- Epidemiological literacy and competencies in or significant exposure to epidemiological surveillance
- Experience in project and/or team management
- Knowledge and experience of Global Fund’s M&E Tools an asset
- Experience working with UNDP or/and UN Agencies an asset
- Good working knowledge of English, both written and oral;
- Fluency in Portuguese, both written and oral;
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: luanda
- Grade: SB-4, Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement - Junior level
- Operations and Administrations
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2018-07-28