FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Marawi siege that began in the latter part of May 2017 has caused severe destruction of facilities and more importantly loss of livelihoods and disruption in the food supply chain.
FAO is providing technical expertise and assistance to contribute to the achievement of the full recovery and rehabilitation process. FAO developed a document entitled FAO Response to Marawi and Affected Municipalities in Lanao del Sur, Emergency Assistance Linked to Short to Medium-term Recovery and Rehabilitation of the Agriculture and Fisheries Sector and the Food Supply Chain as basis for mobilizing external resources, including partnerships with other organizations to help in the achievement of the objectives to support Marawi.
FAO is also supporting the Task Force Bangon Marawi (TFBM) through its collaboration with DA and MinDA which are both members of the Sub Committee on Business and Livelihoods, in formulating the recovery and rehabilitation plan for agriculture and fisheries and the restoration of the food supply chain. The inter-agency task force was created by the President under Administrative Order no. 3, dated June 28, 2017 to work on the recovery, reconstruction and rehabilitation of Marawi City and other affected areas. Among its functions is the formulation and implementation of a comprehensive rehabilitation and recovery program based on a post-conflict assessment.
The National Agronomist will report to the FAO Representative in the Philippines, under the direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative for Programme, the LTO and in close collaboration with Project Coordinator, relevant government agencies, and local government units.
Tasks and responsibilities
The responsibilities of the National Agronomist will carry out the following duties\:
- At least a University degree in agronomy, crop science or related field with at least five years proven track record in successful farming systems interventions At least 5 years of professional experience in agronomy and farming systems is desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge of integrated farming systems, analysis of and diversification of livelihoods.
- Strong communications skills in English and Tagalog.
FAO Core Competencies
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Other similar positions may be filled from this vacancy notice and the endorsed candidates will be considered for the Employment Roster for a period of two years.
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments.
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: iligan city
- Grade: Level not specified
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Closing Date: 2018-08-24