TECHNICAL SPECIALIST- GEOGRAPHICAL INDICATIONS, TERRITORIAL DEVELOPMENT
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
- Assist member countries with policy, economic and technical analysis of food systems and its different components, including origin-based labels, Geographical indications, territorial approaches, value chains development, market systems, institutions, regulations, for identifying entry points for increasing their efficiency, inclusiveness and nutrition effectiveness;
- Undertake desk-review, data collection and information gathering of relevant evidence, lessons and good practices on geographical indications and sustainable development;
- Perform and support activities of capacity development (e.g. organizing trainings, workshops, field missions, facilitating technical networks), project formulation and implementation (e.g. supporting work planning, providing inputs for reporting, etc) and project cycle management;
- Assist in supporting resource mobilisation for country, regional and global level work;
- Design policy, recommendations and briefs;
- Coordinate multistakeholders processes;
- Perform other duties as required,
- Advanced university degree in (for Consultants) / University degree (only for PSA) in economics, agronomics, food sciences, food technology, nutrition, natural sciences, comparative law, development and social sciences or related fields;
- A minimum of one (Level C) or five years (Level B) of relevant work experience in research, policy analysis, project implementation and mainstreaming nutrition in standards and origin-labels, food systems, food processing, food markets, value chains analysis, food security, , market systems, institutional procurement or other agri-food development approaches;
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian (for PSA only one language may be required).
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work
- Extent and relevance of experience in project development and implementation of GIs and territorial development;
- Extent and relevance of experience in food system and value chain analysis and development;
- knowledge in legal frameworks, laws, regulations about intellectual property rights for national institutional development and territorial approaches.
- Familiarity with UN organizations
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: rome
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Meteorology, Geology and Geography
- Political Affairs
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-08-31