SPECIALIST IN CAPACITY BUILDING ON CCA AND SLM PRACTICES IN CROP-LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION SYSTEMS
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants
in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member countries
are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The consultant will be hired by FAO Angola under the project namely GCP/ANG/050/LDF âIntegrating climate resilience into agricultural and agropastoral production systems through soil fertility management in key productive and vulnerable areas using the Farmer Field School approachâ (IRCEA). The project aims is to strengthen the climate resilience of the agropastoral production systems in key vulnerable areas in the 04 Provinces. This will be achieved through\: (i) mainstreaming Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) into agricultural and environmental sector policies, programmes and practices; and (ii) capacity building and promotion of CCA through soil fertility and Sustainable Land Management (SLM) practices using the FFS approach and the strategy is built on four main components.
He/ she will report to Project Coordinating Unit (PCU) in Lubango, Angola.
The consultant will support line ministries to improve the technical and institutional capacities on climate change adaptation at national and provincial level. This consultancy will contribute to component 1 - Strengthen knowledge and understanding of climate change vulnerability and adaptation, and component 2 - Scaling up of improved CCA/SLM practices through Farmer Field School (FFS).
Tasks and responsibilities
Task 1\: Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) sectoral analysis
Task 2\: Assess the capacity and needs of Ministries of Environment, Min. of Agriculture and Min. of Economy, provincial governments, civil society organizations, academia and research institutions on CCA and SLM practices in crop-livestock production systems
Task 3\: Develop training material accordingly on CCA and SLM practices in crop-livestock production systems
Task 4\: Organize training sessions on climate change adaptation, aimed at 120 officials from mecioned Ministries (plus Social Intervenciont and Women (MINAMB, MINAGRI, MINCO, MINFAMU, CSO, Provincial Government, Academia, Research institution)
Task 5\: Sensitize senior decision makers to prioritize CCA actions
Task 6\: Final compilation of all intermediate reports into a final document
- Advanced degree(s) (MSc, Ph.D.) agro-meteorology, hydrology, climatology, agriculture and natural resource management or related fields;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience on environmental and climate change adaptation
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other FAO languages\: Spanish, French, Arabic, Chinese or Russian.
FAO Core Competencies
- Knowledge of Portuguese is an asset
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: lubango
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Education, Learning and Training
- Food Security, Livestock and Livelihoods
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Closing Date: 2018-08-08