International IT Specialist for Implementation of Animal Identification, Registration and Traceability Systems
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
- Provide support and guidance to Project Management and the FAO National IT Consultant and oversee the\:
- development and implementation of the NAITS software, hardware and web applications;
- preparation, approval and maintenance of all IT documentation and manuals pertaining to the NAITS software;
- development of standard operating procedures for routine IT checks and reporting, servicing and data backup procedures and ensure activities are actioned and recorded;
- Oversee and provide guidance for the setup and maintenance of NAITS software, hardware and communications systems, in contact with the service providers for software development, and the IT Department of the MoEPA;
- In close cooperation with the Senior Epidemiologist and Animal Identification, Registration and Traceability Strategist and the NAITS Working group\:
- Support the selected service provider in review, refining and adaptation of the business processes, throughout the implementation of the NAITS.
- Support and oversee the service providers in the development of a NAITS module for establishment of quarantine locations and zones and the definition of implications on the animal movement controls and requirements;
- Support and oversee the service providers in the development of a NAITS module for establishment of epidemiological zones for various diseases and with various statuses and the definition of implications on the animal movement controls and requirements;
- Support and coordinate the establishment of the interoperability between NAITS and EIDSS/LIMS systems and the exchange of relevant information;
- Oversee all phases of implementation of the NAITS pilot and National rollout (preparatory; execution; maintenance From an IT (software and hardware) perspective) and ensure testing of its functionalities at regular intervals to ensure compliance with the standard operating procedures. Develop procedures to record errors found and ensure that they are rectified. In particular\: 1) establish test cases to test each software function; 2) specify a full test to simulate complete sets of follow-up actions; 3) establish load tests for both the software and hardware to ensure the system performs properly when working at full speed; 4) nominate testers from central and decentralized units and other user groups; 5) provide independent evaluation of the system at regular intervals, to ensure compliance with the SOPs and oversee and verify the modification of the application on the basis of the test results.
- Support the conceptualization, definition and development of TORs for development of android/iOS based applications for mobile devices, allowing off-line decentralized collection and storing of NAITS related data, as well as online interfacing and uploading of the collected data.
- Review the developed workflows and business processes and on basis of available and tested technologies develop concepts, technical specifications, costings for rollout and proposals for introduction of various approached, peripheral devices and technologies which enable ease of reference, automation of inserting, recovery and cross-referencing of data from and to the NAITS database, (such as introduction and scanning of barcodes and QR codes, scanning and recognition of number and characters) applicable to holding registers, animal passports, laboratory samples and pre-printed lists;
- Support the development of protocols for establishment of rights to access to the NAITS database per type and level of stakeholder;
- Support the capacity development of all stakeholders relevant for the pilot, rollout and sustainability of the NAITS implementation and in particular\:
- Support the development of an NAITS training curricula and appropriate training tools for various stakeholders ensuring successful rollout of the system and sustainable maintenance of the qualifications for operation of the system, and supervise the capacity development actions ensuring effective transfer of knowledge and skills;
- Support the preparation of an NAITS/EIDSS/LIMS module for introduction into the Vocational Educational Training, secondary and tertiary education institutions curricula and support the capacity development of the relevant educators from these institutions;
- Support the introduction of the procured hardware (under the project) to all levels of implementation through appropriate capacity development;
- Perform other related functions as required.
- University level degree in Information Technologies or similar discipline;
- At least 5 years of working experience with the development, deployment and maintenance of software and hardware solutions for large web-based applications and 5 years of working experience in Ministries of Agriculture with design, implementation and maintenance of software solutions;
- Working knowledge of English
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous ImprovementTechnical/Functional Skills
- At least 5 years of experience in the preparation of technical documentation, methodology, design, development, implementation and evaluation of animal identification and recording systems will be an asset.
- Familiarity with Animal Identification, Registration and Traceability SystemsSelection Criteria
- Extent and diversity of experience;
Applicability of the skills and experience in the Georgian context.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: tbilisi
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Animal Health and Veterinary
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Refugee rights and well-being
- Closing Date: 2018-08-07