FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
- Provide programme and operational assistance for project formulation, implementation, monitoring and reporting, in line with the Project Cycle;
- Maintain project records, monitor assigned projects and update corporate databases as required for ensuring all operational activities are in line with the work plan and the project document; review inputs, expenditures and time frames; assist in taking corrective action if required, in consultation with the appropriate officer;
- Initiate or take follow-up action for a broad variety of operational, administrative and financial actions necessary for the implementation of projects, such as requests for personnel action, briefing schedules, procurement of goods and services, to ensure they are dealt with in a timely manner ; Assist in drafting initial project budgets, revisions and amendments, and inputting the data into corporate tools;
- Assist in monitoring of project and programme budgets and expenditures;
- Review and direct correspondence, calls and queries to appropriate contacts; provide background information; respond to routine enquiries;
- Make arrangements for field programme-related meetings, seminars and events\: implement logistics, prepare correspondence, compile and distribute documents, make administrative arrangements;
- Assist in format and proof-read project/programme reports, documents, publications and correspondence from draft texts, related to the field programme including periodical and final reports (;;
- Prepare minutes of meetings;
- Participate on multi-disciplinary project/work teams
- Perform other duties as required.
- University Degree in Agriculture, Business Administration or related fields
- Three years of experience in administrative/ financial/ planning/ programming/ budgeting activities for Regular Programme and/or Projects
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English language. Knowledge of Russian language would be an asset.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous ImprovementTechnical/Functional Skills
- Extent and relevance of experience in using corporate information systems
- Extent and relevance of experience in programme/project and budget processes and procedures
- Extent and relevance of experience in administrative and financial rules and regulations
- Good knowledge of the MS Office applications and office technology equipment
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: budapest
- Grade: Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education - Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Project and Programme Management
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-08-07