VN 2018/176 (P) - Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (MRRM) (P2) - Niamey, Niger
Position Title Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (MRRM)
Duty Station : Niamey, Niger
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 07 August 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cook Islands, Cuba, Cabo Verde, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Grenada, Guyana, Iceland, Kiribati, Comoros, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Saint Lucia, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Palau, Paraguay, Solomon Islands, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, Sao Tome and Principe, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
their migratory journey along the routes of the Central Mediterranean.
To meet these challenges, the European Union (EU) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM) have developed the Joint Initiative for Migrant Protection and Reintegration in Africa (hereinafter “Joint Initiative”). Implemented in 14 countries (Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Libya, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal and The Gambia) through 14 specific actions, it aims to protect the security, dignity and rights of migrants along this important and dangerous migration route and to help in improving the reintegration of returnees through an innovative approach. This will be achieved through different types of interventions including protection and assistance to vulnerable and stranded migrants, assistance for voluntary return, and support for sustainable reintegration in the communities of origin, the dissemination of accurate information on migration to migrants, potential migrants and communities, and the collection of data on migration flows. The Initiative will aim to strengthen the technical and material capacities of authorities and organizations involved in these areas so that they can ultimately take over the policies and programmes related to the protection and reintegration of migrants developed and/or strengthened in the Page 1 / 4region, with a view to improving the governance of migration in the region. Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission of IOM Niger and under the direct supervision of the Project Manager (SURENI), the successful candidate will oversee the implementation of all aspects of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and will be responsible and accountable for contributing to the management of the M&E and reporting system for IOM Niger. S/he will also support the MRRM coordinator in donor reporting (interim and final reports). S/he is expected to carry out his/her duties in accordance with strict ethical standards and with due respect for gender and socio-cultural sensitivities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Monitoring and Evaluation
1. In the framework of the Migrant Resource and Response Mechanism (MRRM), develop standardized monitoring and evaluation tools and facilitate their mainstreaming. 2. Ensure accurate and reliable data collection, entry, storage, validation, analysis and eventually results dissemination in a timely manner.
3. Contribute to the development of reliable data management processes, including standardization of data format and structure.
4. Support in the analysis of data, including generation of routine statistical and analytical reports as required.
5. Review M&E plans regularly for pertinence to programme goals and objectives. 6. Evaluate programme implementation and assist in achieving maximum efficiency in programme delivery through timely M&E and reporting.
7. Design M&E matrices and logical frameworks as required by programming needs and in line with the standards set at national level as well as regional level.
8. Organize external and internal evaluations.
9. Provide technical inputs for interim and final report preparation, in close coordination with the relevant units, including Resources Management, in IOM Niger as well as with the relevant IOM Regional Office’s (ROs).
10. Facilitate the submission of reports to donors, checking adherence to project proposals, signed agreements and institutional reporting requirements of IOM and the donor. 11. Track the submission and reporting progress of all Mission projects and reports and assist project managers where necessary.
12. Provide support in the coordination with donors, draft correspondence with field, Headquarters (HQs), and Missions on matters related to the use of contributions and contractual obligations for projects.
13. Assist in planning and organizing aspects of new country projects in the framework of the Migrant resource and response Mechanism (MRRM) as well as monitor and backstop ongoing activities.
14. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Page 2 / 4Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Field experience in the Migration, Humanitarian or Development fields, with project design, and government and donor liaison;
• Experience in liaising with donors, governmental authorities, other national/international institutions and NGOs;
• Experience in preparing narrative and financial project reports, statements and/or projections; • Superior reporting and writing skills;
• Demonstrated knowledge of project formulation, administration and evaluation techniques and practices;
• Strong skills in the development of log frames, result matrices and work plans; • Demonstrated ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences; • Good level of computer literacy, including database applications;
• Work experience in/familiarity with the region is an asset;
• Proven experience in data management, analysis and reporting in a humanitarian or development context;
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and to write clearly and accurately; • Knowledge and understanding of the migration issues in the region is an advantage. Languages
Fluency in English and French is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Page 3 / 4Other:
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 07 August 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 25.07.2018 to 07.08.2018
Requisition: VN 2018/176 (P) - Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (MRRM) (P2) - Niamey, Niger (55586035) Released
Posting: Posting NC55586040 (55586040) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Niamey (Niger)
- Grade: P-2, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2018-08-07