Consultant to produce video stories on anti-corruption in Ukraine
The Enhanced Public Sector Transparency and Integrity Project (2015-2018), implemented by UNDP in Ukraine with the financial support of the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, was launched to respond to the national demand for transparency and integrity and to support the on-going anti-corruption reform and emerging anti-corruption architecture.
The Project aims at bringing the regulatory and institutional arrangements for corruption prevention within Ukraine closer to international standards for transparency and accountability in the public sector and thus help ensure more responsiveness and efficacy from state bodies at national and subnational levels. The project (1) renders assistance to establishing regulations on issues related to conflict of interest, assets declarations, and corruption risk assessment, which spell out mandates and operational procedures for the duty-bearers, (2) contributes to duty-bearers’ capacity development to operationalize adopted frameworks in everyday operations, and (3) encourages local oversight of the anti-corruption reform implementation.
To obtain and sustain the Project’s success stories, it is envisaged to produce a series of short videos and photos to be featured on the UNDP website and promoted using social media and other channels. In this respect, the Project is seeking to contract a consultant to develop and produce short videos and photos showcasing success stories of fighting corruption.
Duties and Responsibilities
The objective of this assignment is to create and disseminate high-quality video stories and photos to showcase the key outcomes of the Project’s anti-corruption work and encourage people to fight corruption in their communities.
SCOPE OF WORK
Under the supervision of the Transparency and Integrity Team Lead and the Knowledge Management Associate, the Consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Identify eight powerful stories to cover the Project’s key outcomes. Write scripts for eight video stories (up to 1 minute) and one consolidated video (up to 2.5 minutes), prepare storyboards. This phase will require interviewing selected individuals and other people who are related to a story.
- Capture the video and photo content for eight stories. Each video story should be accompanied by 5 high-quality action photos that meet UNDP requirements. This phase will require planned visits to five oblasts in Ukraine to film the stories. To make personal and compelling human-centric videos, suitable interviews and main activity footage, plus related background footage would be shot at each location.
- Edit videos into a finished product that tells a story (with on-screen subtitles/titles). Videos should be packaged for use across UNDP’s social media channels and other online platforms.
- Promote video stories through social media or other channels.
- Work with the highest professional ethical standards and in line with UNDP’s mission and requirements
EXPECTED OUTPUTS AND DELIVERABLES
Consultant will be responsible to deliver the following outputs:
Breakdown in %
| || |
13 August 2018
| || |
18 August 2018
| || |
21 September 2018
| || |
15 December 2018
REQUIREMENTS FOR MONITORING/REPORTING:
ETI Integrity and Transparency Project Lead will supervise the work of the Consultant through regular in person and e-mail or telephone / Skype communication. Upon completion of the task, the deliverables will be checked by the ETI project team. The final report, in English, shall be submitted electronically in addition to documents within deliverables. UNDP will be the final authority to control the quality and evaluate the work. No reports, documents, communications should be published or distributed to third parties without prior approval of UNDP. Should any travel be needed for the assignment, the incumbent should include this cost in his/her financial proposal.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision, and values
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Fulfils all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment
- Demonstrates high level of professionalism and ethics
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Demonstrates well proven capacity and experience in the field of video documentation
- Demonstrates creativity in packaging narration, footage, and interview into a final product
- Able to assimilate and communicate complex visual messages in an engaging and user-friendly manner, using necessary software and other tools
- Demonstrates excellent planning and organizational skills and able to produce high-quality products on tight deadlines
- Able to work on location without any other supervision except for liaison with UNDP
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to present information logically, clearly, and concisely
- Able to think creatively, to develop and implement innovative solutions in a challenging environment
Required Skills and Experience
- Professional degree and/or professional training in video documentary, video production, communication or media related
- At least 3 years of proven practical experience in the conception, production, and editing of short format videos as well as capturing and editing attractive photos. Sample videos and photos via URLs should be submitted with application
- Excellent technical capacity to ensure smooth and high-quality production, including availability of professional video and photo production equipment and software. Full listing of available video/audio/photo equipment should be submitted with application
- Proven experience of developing and conducting online campaigns and building social media presence is an asset. Samples of campaigns via URLs should be submitted with application
- Experience with on-call assignments, preferable with international organizations is an asset
- Fluency in Ukrainian is required
- Fluency in English is an asset
- Excellent computer skills and ability to use information technologies as a tool and resource
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE PROPOSALS
Applicants shall submit the following documents:
- Letter of interest, explaining why they are the most suitable for the work including relevant past experience
- Samples of short videos, photos, and online campaigns via URLs developed by the incumbent in the past
- Full listing of available video/audio/photo equipment necessary for the assignment
- UNDP Personal History Form P11, including information about past experience in similar projects and contact details of at least 3 referees
- Financial proposal, including fees, field travel cost, rental expenses for camera equipment, and all other expenses foreseen for the delivery of the assignment
Please combine all the documents into one single file, as the system will allow for only one document to be uploaded.
Lump sum contract
The financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount, and payment terms around specific and measurable (qualitative and quantitative) deliverables (i.e. whether payments fall in instalments or upon completion of the entire contract). Payments are based upon output, i.e. upon delivery of the services specified in the ToR. In order to assist the requesting unit in the comparison of financial proposals, the financial proposal will include a breakdown of this lump sum amount (including travel, per diems, and number of anticipated working days).
Lowest price and technically compliant offer
Contract award shall be made to the incumbent whose offer has been evaluated and determined as both:
a) responsive/compliant/acceptable (fully meeting the TOR provided), and
b) offering the lowest price/cost.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Kyiv (Ukraine)
- Grade: National Consultant - Locally recruited Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Criminology, Police Affairs and Anti-Corruption
- Communication and Public Information
- Closing Date: 2018-08-01