National Post-Elections Media Monitoring Assistant.
UNDP Lebanese Electoral Assistance Project (LEAP) has the main objective to strengthen the capacity of stakeholders for the conduct of transparent and inclusive elections in Lebanon. Through a multi-component approach, the project has the intended outcomes of providing technical assistance and support in the following key electoral areas: (1) management and administration of Elections (2) supervisory commission for elections (3) provision of voter education initiatives (4) resolution of electoral disputes, and (5) initiatives to improve election opportunities for women.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation of the final technical report, in liaison with the statistical expert, the editor of SCE final report and SCE member on media monitoring data;
- Help with the collection of data as per the request of SCE chairman and/or the editor of SCE final report;
- Contribute to the briefings and trainings;
- Assistant in the preparation of an internal final technical report including lessons learnt and recommendations;
- Maintain media material archives (DVDs, newspapers, hard copies of coding forms);
- Maintain relevant internal databases and files, including ensuring backups of the data;
- Maintain records of any documents received from and delivered to third parties;
- Perform any other duty required for the good functioning of the Media Monitoring Unit.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent team management skills;
- Excellent written and spoken Arabic; French or English language skills required
- Interest in politics and the media;
- Good computer skills; proficiency in standard computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel);
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently, but also as part of a team;
- Previous experience in media monitoring is an asset;
- Experience of data collection, entry and maintenance as well as good understanding of database ;management (particularly MS Access) is an asset.
Required Skills and Experience
- B.A in media studies, information, communication.
Years of experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in working directly with Electoral Management Bodies;
- Demonstrated understanding of the media environment with in Lebanon;
- Demonstrated understanding of the ethical responsibilities of journalists and broadcasters;
- Commitment to a free media;
- Proven experience or familiarity in electoral processes;
- Outstanding communication and excellent interpersonal skills and sensitivity to highly politicized environments;
- Ability to collect and analyze information and data;
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Software and IT packages.
How to apply:
The consultancy is open for all national consultants who meet the selection criteria and propose a competitive fee. Interested consultants are requested to apply only through this UNDP jobs portal. Submissions through any other media will not be considered.
The application must include all of the following documents:
- 1. P11,
- 2. Annex 3 (Offerors Letter) and
- 3. Financial proposal
All files shall be submitted in one single document and uploaded as word or PDF file to the UNDP job site.It has been observed that bidders don’t submit all requested documents and thus reducing their chance to be selected for a contract with UNDP. before you submit your offer please revise that the application is complete and comprises all documents.Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: beirut
- Grade: National Consultant - Locally recruited Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Operations and Administrations
- Communication and Public Information
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-08-07