1832 - Junior Communications Assistant
To provide communication support to the “Enhancing the Planning and Monitoring of Infrastructure Projects” project.
To ensure results oriented, effective, efficient and accountable implementation of the project activities and achievement of project results.
c. Background Information
UNDP supports municipalities in Serbia to implement priority projects in the following areas: good governance, local economic development, tourism, agriculture and rural development, nature preservation and energy efficiency. The support is provided in selection of priority projects, in development of annual work plans and realistic implementation timeframes and careful resource planning and monitoring.
During 2014, UNDP supported the City of Belgrade to strengthen the capacities of the Project Development Office (PDO) as the principal point of contact for potential investors, international financial institutions and investment banks. The PDO from that point onwards has been tasked to identify, analyze, develop and implement, in collaboration with Project Implementation Units established in Public Utility Companies or Secretariats, investment projects that are important for further development of Belgrade.
UNDP and the City of Belgrade are currently implementing in partnership the project “Enhancing the Planning and Monitoring of Investment Projects” to provide technical support to the Project Development Office of the City of Belgrade to be able to respond to various requests of potential investors, international financial institutions and investment banks.
Duties and Responsibilities
Measurable outputs of the work assignment
Under the guidance of the Project Coordinator, the Junior Communication Assistant will provide communication support to activities within the Project Development Office in the City of Belgrade. The Junior Communication Assistant will undertake the following task:
Summary of functions:
- Facilitate the work of the Communication Working Group of the PDO;
- Support the PDO management by ensuring visibility of the actions in accordance with the Visibility Guidelines;
- Provide support in setting clear communication goals, objectives and deliverables;
- Assist development and implementation of the Communication Action Plan;
- Facilitate the work of the Communication Task Force;
- Support PDO management by ensuring timely and accurate exchange of information;
- Assist coordination of communication activities and public events;
- Assist in conceptualising and coordinating the production of visibility materials;
- Support the PDO management in coordination of visibility related tasks with project partners;
- Facilitate necessary coordination with national partners and donors’ visibility focal points;
- Assist in establishing media relations and partnerships and promoting project results through traditional and social media;
- Support planning and organizing media events;
- Support PDO Communication to regularly update the City of Belgrade`s web site, Facebook and Twitter with the project related contents;
- Draft visibility and media impact reports based on quantitative and qualitative analysis (e.g. press coverage, web statistics, direct feedback from audiences and social media feeds);
- Support organization and participation in the PDO`s meetings, workshops, trainings, seminars, field trips, volunteering actions.
Performance Indicators for evaluation of results
- Activities performed on time;
- Project events are implemented efficiently and diligently;
- Website and social media channels updated regularly.
- Good communication skills including the ability to convey concepts and recommendations in a simple and clear manner, both orally and in writing;
- Good online communications skills including through social media and video material products to include new media;
- Good organizational and time management skills;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling ethical standards;
- Display a high degree of motivation.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of communications, journalism or public relations.
- At least 3 years’ experience in communications and public relations;
- Prior experience in: communications (monitoring, analysing media, compiling data and drafting reports; maintaining corporate social media); maintaining on line platforms and websites; quality assurance of various reports and written texts (proofreading, copy editing and editing); research and political analysis (collection of data and drafting reports);
- Proficiency in the use of computers and office software (Microsoft Package, Photo Shop and similar), online platforms, and social media;
- Experience in implementation of communication strategies and action plans;
- Experience in managing communication and visibility within nationally implemented projects;
- Experience in preparing reports and presentations.
Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Serbian and English.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: belgrade
- Grade: SB-2, Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement - Administrative support
- Communication and Public Information
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-08-08