Human Resources Associate, GS6, WCARO, Dakar, Senegal - #52618
UNICEF WCARO is looking to fill a position a position of Human Resources Associate at GS6 level.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For Every Child, hope
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world. To learn more about UNICEF, visit www.unicef.org.
UNICEF West and Central Africa Regional Office (WCARO) is looking to fill a position of Human Resources Associate at GS6 level.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Regional Chief of HR and in close collaboration with all members of the HR team, the selected candidate will be responsible for the following activities.
Responsible for developing, updating and maintaining planning, monitoring and reporting tools to ensure timely processing of country office requests requiring the Regional Director’s endorsement and/or approval;
Maintain regular communication with WCAR clients to update them on progress and/or decisions of their requests submitted for processing and or the Regional Director’s endorsement or approval using multiple communication tools (email, skype etc.);
Maintain calendar of events to monitor key activities involving Human Resources section and also major deadlines to ensure timely delivery and avoid duplications;
Contribute to results monitoring by developing and maintaining action tracker by consolidating HR action points from different meetings and follow-up with responsible persons to ensure actions are implemented within the deadlines;
Coordinate the development and finalization of HR Workplans and indicators by updating and reviewing progress and final reports;
Maintain an electronic filing system in SharePoint by uploading and retrieving files as requested;
Assist in all HR related activities by working closely with country office HRBPs and HR focal points in the regional office;
Perform any other professional duties assigned by Supervisor;
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in Human Resources, Business Administration, International Relations, Social Sciences, or related areas.
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible human resources, experience required.
- Prior experience working in a UN system will be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with HR tools and systems will be an asset
- Fluency in French and good working knowledge of English is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Analyzing (II)
- Applying technical expertise (II)
- Planning and organizing (II)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (II)
View our competency framework at
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Dakar (Senegal)
- Grade: GS-6, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Human Resources
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-08-08