Programme Specialist, Reproductive Health Commodity Security Specialist, Cairo, Egypt
The Reproductive Health Commodity Security (RHCS) Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing a RHCS strategy to enhance family planning, maternal health and reproductive health in Egypt. You will provide technical support and conduct relevant research, analysis and training activities aimed at providing information and knowledge-base methodologies to national counterparts.
You will report directly to the RH/FP Specialist.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
UNFPA Country Office in Egypt seeks to ensure, over time, the sustainability of national RHCS efforts, with a focus on enhancing national health systems for supply chain management and the delivery of quality reproductive health services, including family planning services, with particular attention to reaching marginalized populations and increasing demand for informed and voluntary family planning products for women and men of reproductive age.
You will be part of the SRH team and work in close collaboration with national authorities, civil society organizations, private sector as well as development agencies to provide technical, operational and coordination support to secure RH commodities. As such, you will provide leadership and technical support to national efforts to scale up an integrated family planning, maternal and reproductive health and RH commodities programme with the view to increase demand for, access to and utilization of RH services, including in humanitarian settings.
Advanced university degree in medicine, public health, pharmacy, supply management, public administration, International Relations or other related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
• 5 years of increasing responsibilities in managing RH or health program with direct experience relating to family planning, maternal health and supply management systems, of which at least three years national and/or international experience in advising on RH commodities, health systems strengthening and financing, and supply management.
• Extensive knowledge of supply management: forecasting, warehousing, distribution, transportation, logistics information systems and eLMIS.
• Significant public procurement and supply management experience related to the Health Sector (pharmaceuticals and non-pharmaceutical medical supplies), and other funding mechanisms emphasizing donor coordination/harmonization and in challenging situation.
• Experience with Public Health systems in developing countries.
• Ability to forecast procurement using SPECTRUM or similar software
• Excellent computer literacy (web-based environment and platforms, MS office suite)
Fluency in English; knowledge of Arabic and/or other official UN languages is an asset.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Cairo (Egypt)
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Mid level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Security and Safety
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-08-10