New York City (United States of America)
Background Information - Job-specific
Digital Services Section (DSS), is located in Information Management Branch (IMB) of United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA). Its mandate is to strengthen the response capacity of the humanitarian relief community through the timely dissemination of reliable information on response, preparedness and disaster prevention.
DSS manages a portfolio of information services provided by OCHA for online audiences including ReliefWeb, RedHum, and unocha.org. This involves 24/7 oversight, content and operations management (NY, NBI, BKK) for all services; and a dedicated product management capacity to continuously improve delivery of relevant information via web, mobile or social channels to target audiences.
Under the direct supervision of the Digital Operations Assistant, the Programme Assistant will join an operations team that facilitates the work of content and product teams within the Section.
1. Reports team management
- Act as primary point of contact for reports team on matters related to administration, content workflow, work scheduling and assignments, information- and knowledge-sharing arrangement;
- Provide oversight to Quality Assurance for all services and deliverables of the content management team
- Monitor and evaluate content management tasks assigned to Americas and Night shift teams, and escalate issues and anomalies to managers; advises management on content management team productivity and performance;
- Assess capacity requirements and manage scheduling of personnel; monitor and regularly report on the use of content management capacity
- Take responsibility for contractual arrangements, recruitment, onboarding, payroll, and other administrative matters relating to the content management team personnel
2. Content management operations support
- Assist the Digital Operations Assistant in implementing, monitoring and maintaining standards, policies, workflows and guidelines for efficient and effective management of content management operations; Undertake maintenance of content management tools and resources.
- Assist the Digital Operations Assistant in documenting and monitoring content projects and making strategic recommendations to team members and managers on a regular basis; manage conflicts and escalate issues as appropriate
3. Digital project management support
- Help maintain and facilitate project processes for a wide range of digital projects/products, with emphasis on content curation-driven products and services
- Support ongoing and special projects by setting and articulating goals, tracking tasks and deadlines, coordinating with stakeholders
- Oversee the scheduling of all meetings, maintain creative content files, support the project manager on action items and budget, develop presentations to share progress updates with stakeholders, and act as a primary contact for the product owner(s).
- Undertake frontline end-user support, escalating cases as appropriate
- A high school diploma is required.
- A technical diploma in a relevant field may substitute 2 years of relevant experience.
- A Bachelor's degree in a relevant field is preferred and may substitute 4 years of relevant experience.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field with some experience may substitute 5 years of relevant experience.
- Five years of working experience in a relevant field is required
- Experience with digital content products is desirable
- Experience with Agile project management methodologies, particularly Kanban, is desirable
- Digital information literacy as well as knowledge of basic Internet standards and technologies is desirable
- Experience working as part of a virtual team is desirable
- Familiarity with international affairs, including emergency response, disaster management, peacebuilding and peacekeeping, conflict resolution, human rights and IHL is desirable;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required;
- Working knowledge of another UN language (French and/or Spanish) is an asset.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Local ICA Contract level: LICA-5
Contract duration: 20 Aug 2018 - 28 February 2019 (with possibility of extension, subject to performance)
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Background Information - Development Group Cluster
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: New York City (United States of America)
- Grade: LICA-5, Local Individual Contractors Agreement - Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-08-05