HR/ Admin Officer- Females Only ( National Position) Hodeidah Area (Hodeidah & Hajjah) - Yemen
The purpose of the officer position is day to day implementation of the admin and HR functions and responsibilities for the north area including (Hodeidah and Hajjah).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action.
Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
Ensure proper filing of documents.
Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Admin Responsibilities::
- Take overall responsibility in management of Office, guesthouse and admin support staff in accordance to NRC policy and procedures.
- Be responsible of staff domestic travels including transport and accommodations that will involve maintain proper documentation and doing the relevant payment reconciliation.
- Maintain an appropriate filing, retrieval and archiving system for the office administration section in correspondence with NRC global filing policy and procedure.
- Ensure that the office stationary, office supplies and guesthouse supplies are order on time that involves raising purchasing requests.
- Be responsible on organizing for NRC events such as seminars, meetings and workshops.
- Applying, supervising and monitoring aspects of the HR and administration activities based on NRC policies, procedures and Country SOPs.
- Be responsible on all lease agreement and service contracts and liaise with finance to ensure timely payment of utilities, lease agreements, telephone bills, casual labours, hotel invoices, travel agency invoices, etc.
- Ensure office reception is well managed, organized and attended to, at all times, receiving guests, directing them, as well as receiving and dispatching calls (i.e. seating, visibility, notice board, tidiness, etc.).
- Day to day management of the guesthouse including direct supervision of cleaners.
- Provide secretarial support such as typing, takings minutes, drafting letters, and translation of English or Arabic documents etc.
- To report all administration activities in weekly/ monthly basis to the line manager.
- HR Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the area managers on the recruitment plan for the new and ongoing projects. Be responsible to organise and participate in staff recruitment throughout the process.
- Deliver administrative and HR induction for all new staff and ensure all SOPs for office and guesthouse are followed.
- Be responsible to organise and implement induction schedule and orientation of new staff.
- Ensure maintenance of HR files that includes an effective, efficient and up to date staff records and filing system including contracts, leave, medical, awards, discipline, archiving, etc.
- To manage staff daily attendance sheet and timely submission of the staff timesheet at the area office.
- Advice and support line managers staff in HR processes.
- Coordinate clearance of staff separating from the organization including exit interviews and final dues payments.
- Ensure timely processing of the monthly payroll (if required).
- In consultation with the HR Coordinator, provide technical input and be the focal point in addressing employee relations issues including staff grievances, disciplinary measures, etc
- Plan and advise on the staff performance management and appraisal calendar and content
- Ensure staff W&D are in place for all staff in the north area.
- To work closely with the line mangers on the staff capacity plan and develop training calendar.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources Management or Administration.
- Experience from working as a support function officer in a humanitarian or development context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Good spoken and written English skills.
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Wide knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector.
- A strong administrative service orientation.
- Keen sense of compliance with policy and procedure.
- Good employer-employee contract negotiation skills.
- Personal conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and team working skills.
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Basic employee counselling skills.
- Highly confidential.
- Good computer application skills.
- Till end of Dec. 2018 with possibility of extension upon funds availability.
- Only females Candidates are encouraged to Apply.
- Hodeidah & Hajjah residents are highly encouraged.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Sanaa (Yemen)
- Grade: Junior
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Human Resources
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2018-08-02