FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
- Analyze, control and maintain relevant general ledger accounts, including scrutinizing source documents for completeness, accuracy and validity of charges
- Review and liquidate obligations; investigate erroneous charges and take corrective accounting actions; reconcile and review suspense accounts and ensures proper clearance procedures
- Extract details of income, expenditures, assets and liability from the accounting system in order to analyse and verify accuracy and validity
- Prepare worksheets and assist in preparation of financial statements by compiling and consolidating data from various sources; prepare and checks trial balance
- Supervise, oversee and/or contribute to the delivery of financial reporting, general accounting, project accounting, and/or investment activities/services in accordance with FAO policies and regulatory framework
- Analyze financial information for inclusion in statutory reports, management reports, financial statements, and/or reports to donors as well as other specific reports for Governing Bodies, donors and other partners
- Respond to requests for assistance and provides financial and regulatory advice and assistance to managers at HQ and the Decentralized Offices etc
- Develop effective working relationships and resolves problems with banks, other financial institutions, donors, partners, and UN financial executives as well as provides information/clarification to auditors
- Promote best practices and capacity development at HQ and the Decentralized Offices, leads and/or participates in training and the development of related training materials
- Evaluate ongoing financial support requirements, adapt service provision to meet changing needs and solve operational problems as required.
- Advanced university degree in (for Consultants) or University degree (for PSA) in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field
- Five years of relevant experience in finance, accounting and/or business analysis
- Working knowledge of English and Arabic
FAO Core Competencies
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: arbil
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Banking and Finance
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2018-08-09