Call of Interest - Consultancy Roster for office administrative and clerical support - Valid 36 months
The Office of Research-Innocenti is seeking to identify a pool of qualified candidates to be placed on an internal Roster for Office Administrative/Clerical & Conference Support for 2018-2019. Selected candidates will provide general secretarial and administrative support as well as logistical assistance during specific activities and/or organization of meetings under supervision of a staff member who will act as focal point for the assignment. Candidates are expected to be EU nationals or non-EU nationals with a valid work permit. The candidates should live within the commuting distance from centre Florence.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, knowledge
What we do and how can you make a difference?
The Office of Research-Innocenti (OoR) is the dedicated research office of UNICEF. It undertakes and commissions research on emerging or current issues of relevance for children in order to inform the strategic directions, policies and programmes of UNICEF and its partners. The Office explores emerging issues, identifies research gaps, brings together existing researchers and support or undertake new research and data collection to address critical questions and to inform global debates.
The UNICEF Office of Research-Innocenti regularly hosts international conferences, events and workshops. External support is sought to assist with the administrative preparation and conduct of conference and events in accordance with the established procedures.
To provide secretarial, administrative and logistical assistance during specific activities and/or organization of meetings under supervision of a staff member who will act as focal point for the assignment Provide general office support, including in the absence of reception/clerk.
Specific activities to be completed:
The consultant will carry out duties relating to the administrative and secretarial support as follows:
- Venue search, booking and logistical preparation, liaise with local suppliers (food & beverage, required room equipment, technical equipment providers, etc.);
- Preparation of meeting kits, table and name badges and meeting supplies;
- Provide support during meetings - room set up, registration of delegates, information desk, travel support, photocopy/print materials as necessary.
- Completion of secondary education
- At least three years of administrative/secretarial experience
- Demonstrated experience in the organization of international events/meetings/workshops
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Italian (other UN languages are an asset)
- Good computer skills (MS Office 365)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Ability to take initiative
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Flexibility in working arrangement is essential
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next stage of the selection process.