Social Field Assistant - South (Lebanese National) - Lebanon
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on WebCruiter. Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Role and responsibilities
The Social Field Assistant is responsible for contributing to the identification and selection of the most vulnerable families that could benefit from Shelter project activities within the South area.
- Implement the Social activities according to strategy, proposals and plans
- Adherence to NRC policies and donor requirements
- Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities
- Provide data for periodic progress reports and other documents as required; and participate in preparing when needed
- Coordinate with local NGOs
- Communicate with beneficiaries regarding project relevant information
- Ensure all appropriate project documentation is completed as NRC SSU guidelines and donors’ requirements
- Handle distribution and assessment within South area.
- Carry out related mainstreaming of protection in programme daily implementation as per the set NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines, and ensure reporting any breaches/concerns to the line manager for proper action.
- Ensure that all protection related detected cases are referred to the concerned referral focal point and to the related Protection Coordinator.
- Collect and report information regarding the socio-economic situation of Syrian and Palestinian refugee families and vulnerable Lebanese families with specific attention paid to those targeted by the project.
- Explain the project aims and objectives to property owners interested in the programme and families in need of or requesting shelter assistance during scheduled home visits, at the office and on field.
- Explain the NRC selection criteria to persons and families in need of or requesting shelter assistance.
- Identify potential properties and identify households in need in accordance with NRC criteria
- Coordinate with Shelter technical, WASH and ICLA SSU teams in relation to shelter activities in substandard buildings and in NRC Small Shelter Units.
- Report all protection related concerns following internal and external referral pathways
- Support the process of explanation and signing of shelter cooperation agreements held between NRC and property owners as needed and in the delivery of first payments to owners of selected properties.
- Participate in the resolution of conflicts with a focus on eviction prevention
- Generate comprehensive weekly and monthly situation reports reflecting trends, challenges and needs on field.
- Report code of conduct breaches especially those that affect vulnerable populations.
- Beneficiaries and households in need of assistance
- Shelter technical team
- Local Authorities
- Bachelor degree in Social Work or any related field
- 0-1 year of experience working within Projects in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Proficiency in MS Office (words and excel)
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both spoken and written
- Knowledge of the context of Refugees informal settlements and/or urban settlements
- Experience with start-up of projects
- Behavioral competencies
- Planning and delivering results
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Tyre (Lebanon)
- Grade: Level not specified
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Social Affairs
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-11-01