SVN 2018/143 (P) - Procurement and Logistics Officer (P3) - Erbil, Iraq
Position Title :Procurement and Logistics Officer
Duty Station : Erbil, Iraq
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 09 August 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cook Islands, Cuba, Cabo Verde, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Grenada, Guyana, Iceland, Kiribati, Comoros, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Saint Lucia, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Palau, Paraguay, Solomon Islands, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, Sao Tome and Principe, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and the direct supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer (SRMO), the successful candidate in coordination with Global Procurement and Supply Unit (GPSU) in Manila Administrative Centre (MAC) will be responsible and accountable for procurement and supply chain activities for the IOM Country
Office in Iraq, measured by IOM Procurement and Supply Objectives and Goals as follows: • Best Value Sourcing and Value for Money;
• Availability and Quality Assurance;
• Compliance and Stewardship; and,
• Productivity and Efficiency.
The Logistics & Procurement Unit provides procurement/contracting, facilities management and vehicle fleet management support to the mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Manage the procurement activities of IOM Iraq and provide first-line support, guidance and training in the country with respect to IOM's policies, rules and regulations relating to Page 1 / 4procurement and supply chain matters.
2. Conduct procurement and supply chain activities related to the emergency and post-emergency operation, ensuring all critical work and documentation are in order, on time and of high quality.
3. Monitor implementation of appropriate procurement processes, procedures and solutions, ensuring the application of solid internal control systems.
4. Follow up with country office to ensure timely submission of necessary asset and procurement reports and documentation within the country to relevant Headquarters (HQs) Departments and to MAC, as appropriate.
5. Revise and monitor all supply chain tasks and activities, including budgeting, scheduling and provision of materials and equipment needed by the Country Office. Prepare regular progress reports, statistical information and briefing material as required. 6. Analyze procurement requests, identify service providers, and evaluate information regarding vendor's performance in the areas of quality, prices, and delivery of goods in view of the Organization's best interests. Ensure the availability of a pool of qualified suppliers, vendors and contractors to address the needs of the Country Office.
7. Solicit bids, quotations, and tender documents; oversee bidding process and provide support for procurement transactions, analyze them for conformity to specified requirements; conduct appraisals and select suppliers, and confirm terms of payment; prepare purchase orders and ensure receiving authorization by the Resource Management Officer and the Chief of Mission. 8. Monitor the organization and maintenance of systems and procedures for procurement/contracting of supplies, equipment, services needed by the Country Office. 9. Ensure that appropriate funds are available for purchase; ensure receipts are received when payment is conducted in cash; request authorization of the RMO regarding bank transfer payments.
10. Identify supply chain bottlenecks (value stream mapping) and propose ways to fill in the gaps and ensure proper distribution mechanisms are in place.
11. Work with the programme management in field operations and provide support in preparing and issuing call for proposals and bidding documents for the tendering processes of the projects. Ensure bidding process are done fairly, transparently and in accordance with the set rules and regulations under the IOM Procurement Manual IN/168 Rev2. 12. Develop and implement Procurement and Supply initiatives and projects in the country, in accordance with the Division’s framework.
13. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Logistics, Procurement or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience. Experience
Page 2 / 4• Experience in managing diverse procurement and logistics operations; • Demonstrated experience in training and managing large teams of co-workers, managing vendors and suppliers;
• Extensive knowledge of IOM/UN internal procurement and financial rules, as well as IOM's system and processes as they apply to procurement and logistics;
• Excellent level of computer literacy and good knowledge of SAP is an advantage. Languages
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 09 August 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html Page 3 / 4In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 27.07.2018 to 09.08.2018
Requisition: SVN 2018/143 (P) - Procurement and Logistics Officer (P3) - Erbil, Iraq (55525337) Released Posting: Posting NC55525341 (55525341) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Erbil (Iraq)
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Mid level
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date: 2018-08-09