The EIB, the European Union's bank is seeking to recruit for its Finance Directorate (FI), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
This is a full-time temporary position at grade 1/2
The term of this contract will be 3 years. As this is a temporary assignment, no extension or conversion of the contract is foreseen.
Panel interviews are anticipated for mid-October 2018
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative assistance in order to support the achievement of the organisational duties and objectives of the Director General’s Office (DGO).
The Administrative Assistant will report to the Senior Executive Assistant of the DG office and will interact with all FI Departments and Divisions. S/He will be also in contact with other Directorates essentially linked to secretarial duties, particularly with the MC secretariat.
Provide effective and efficient administrative support of key processes within the DGO in order to contribute to the effective day-to-day operation and in particular:
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of meetings, visits, draft agendas, minutes, notes and documents.
- Support the Senior Executive Assistant with the management of DG’s diary and workflow.
- Draft/finalise correspondence on various topics on behalf of FI senior management.
- Manage updating of databases and statistics, plan and maintain the electronic archives of the office.
- Manage telephone coverage, mail/document distribution, diary scheduling and all other logistical requirements (e.g. travel).
- Assist in the accurate preparation, finalisation and distribution of letters, notes, complex reports, graphs, presentations.
- Ensure accuracy of all documents produced in terms of language (both English and French), grammar and content applying effective proofreading.
- Assist in the preparation and logistical planning for various events (e.g. conferences, visits of external counterparts, missions, etc.).
- Respond to enquiries directed to the DGO and ensure allocation of enquiry to the appropriate individual to resolve the issue.
- Upon request act as back-up to the Director General’s Senior Executive Assistant or FI Coordination Division’s Administrative Assistant for holiday replacement and other absences (training etc).
- Build and maintain effective relationships internally and externally to ensure a good reputation of the directorate at all times and enable effective completion of the above activities and processes
- Secondary level education, complemented with a 2-year certification in a relevant field (e.g. secretarial studies, business administration)
- At least 3 years’ relevant professional experience preferably in a secretarial or administrative assistant position in a financial institution, audit/consulting company or European institution
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank’s standard computer tools (Word, Excel, Power Point) and with Electronic Documents and Records Management systems (GED)
- Excellent knowledge of English and French. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility to work outside regular office hours and availability to ensure permanence in the DGO
- Experience in dealing with sensitive information
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation ’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation ’s mission, policies and rules
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
Deadline for applications: 16th August 2018
(*) We particularly welcome applications from men and persons with disabilities.