Consultancy - Multi-media Producers, Beijing, China
We're looking for freelance multi-media producers to create digital multi-media visual content for UNICEF programme advocacy activities including public advocacy campaigns, celebrity activities, donor communication, communication for development, brand building and media events.
UNICEF China and its government partners work to improve the lives of the most vulnerable children. Every child has the right to survive, develop, be protected and participate in family and society. UNICEF collaborates with many partners to help make those rights a reality in China.
For every child, inspiration
UNICEF China has many different audiences it needs to reach with accurate, simple and in a creative way to explain why its work for children is important and what it does. To support in this, we're looking for freelancers to produce simple information products to be used in presentations, on the internet, for adaption in social media and for advocacy campaigns. Video and audio clips, stories and still photographs will be provided to UNICEF as a result of this work.
We are seeking to contract a total of eight producers for 11.5 month contracts (October 2018 – September 2019). Work will be commissioned on an as-needed basis during the contract period.
How can you make a difference?
- Travel to project sites and produce audio/visual stories for documentation including identifying characters, conducting interviews, seeking proper consensus from interviewees and establishing story lines.
- Shoot high end broadcast quality video footage and images in digital format.
- Produce video shoots by identifying technical requirements, setting up interviews and producing a shot list
- Edit high end video content into short spots, news packages and documentary style content
- Produce English, Chinese and International (split audio tracks) versions
- Edit b-roll footage and produce shot lists.
- Shoot, edit and caption still images.
- Produce photo essays and multi-media pieces that can be used on the website and also through social media channels.
- Document UNICEF events and activities by shooting high end images.
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have…
- At least 2 years of experience in mainland Chinese photojournalism, video journalism or similar area.
- Familiarity with child rights sensitive photography and reporting guidelines.
- Ability to prepare scripts for video and multimedia pieces and also prepare caption information.
- Ability to produce photo essays and multi-media pieces that can be used on the website and also through social media channels.
- Ability to shoot high end broadcast quality video footage in digital format.
- Ability to produce video shoots by identifying technical requirements, setting up interviews and producing a shot list.
- Ability to edit high end video content into news packages and documentary style content
- Ability to do English, Chinese and International (split audio track) versions.
- Ability to edit b-roll footage.
- Ability to produce, shoot, script, edit and package video and visual image content based on guidance and direction from UNICEF.
Individuals must have their own equipment, including
- Equipment necessary to shoot full 1080P HD video, professional quality digital photos and professional digital field sound recording
- Cameras, microphones, tapes, memory media, computer, paper, office space, telecommunication facilities.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results. TOR_Multi-media Producer_2018.docx
If you recognise yourself from the above and wish to make a difference for every child, please review the full Terms of Reference attached and send a Cover Letter and CV as well as a financial proposal indicating your daily consultancy rate to email@example.com, or apply online through www.unicef.org/employ (requisition 514917). The deadline for receipt of applications is 12 August 2018.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Beijing (China)
- Grade: International Consultant - Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Communication and Public Information
- Closing Date: 2018-08-12