Shelter and WASH Officer (Temporary) - Tehran based (Iran Nationals Only) - Iran
Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, food security, livelihoods, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 6000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. NRC runs the world’s largest standby rosters NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs
NRC in the Islamic Republic in Iran
NRC started operations in Iran in 2012. We currently deliver humanitarian assistance in 6 provinces in the sectors of Education, Food Security and livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter construction, as well as Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). We co-lead several technical inter-agency working groups and provide capacity building to humanitarian partners in country. Next to our programs, NRC Iran also built an advocacy unit to develop joint messages and initiatives amongst INGOs to improve rights of the displaced.
Following several recent breakthroughs, NRC Iran is scaling up substantially its activities in support of the Government of Iran efforts towards an estimated 3,6 million Afghans residing in country and is expanding its programme unit.
About the position: Shelter/WASH officer for NRC Iran
NRC is now seeking an experienced and motivated Shelter/WASH expert to implement quality Shelter/WASH programming in collaboration with other core competencies. The Shelter/WASH officer will support the Shelter/WASH coordinator and responsible manager to ensure effective project management including, internal, donor compliance requirements, timely, and quality services to the vulnerable refugee population and ensure the key mandatory activities under NRC’s Project Cycle Management (PCM).
Our ideal Candidate
University graduate in civil engineering with a minimum of 5 years of previous experience in preferably humanitarian/development context. Shelter/WASH experienced in Humanitarian settings with environmental science educational background are also encouraged to apply.
Candidate should have results-oriented attitude and someone with a highly level of energy. Experience working in complex and volatile contexts. Shelter and WASH related technical expertise relevant to the role. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities. Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Ensure development of all NRC technical architectural, mechanical and electrical plans for the implementation of Shelter and WASH activities
- Ensure beneficiary community engagement /participation in the activities implementation and handing over for management
- Utilize or develop monitoring tools and employ them to constantly observe and report on quantity and quality of work implemented
- Break down the operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans
- Support to NRC Logistics Department with tendering processes and the procurement of materials and supplies
- Ensure that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are conducted timely and according to procedures
Duty Station: Tehran
Contract duration/until:end of 2018.
Salary/Benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Tehrān (Iran)
- Grade: Junior
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Human Settlements (Shelter, Housing, Land, Property)
- Closing Date: 2018-08-06