VN 2018/179 (P) - Head of Programmes (P3) - Rabat, Morocco
Position Title Head of Programmes
Duty Station :Rabat, Morocco Classification Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 12 August 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cook Islands, Cuba, Cabo Verde, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Grenada, Guyana, Iceland, Kiribati, Comoros, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Saint Lucia, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Palau, Paraguay, Solomon Islands, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, Sao Tome and Principe, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission and in close coordination with the Resources Management Unit of the Country Office and the Regional Technical Specialists in Regional Office (RO) Cairo, Egypt, the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for the oversight and coordination of IOM’s programmes in Morocco including the full project cycles.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Monitor the management and supervision of the different functions within the programme management team and provide thematic and technical direction and guidance to staff working across various migration governance initiatives.
2. Coordinate the different units in the Mission to ensure successful delivery of projects, including monitoring, evaluation, project development and timely and accurate reporting. 3. Liaise and coordinate with the Ministries in Morocco and relevant government bodies within the project’s framework.
Page 1 / 44. Ensure timely and quality preparation and submission of periodic reports for the donors on programme delivery, including interim and final reports to donors on budgetary expenditure and results, in coordination with the Resources Management Officer and RO Cairo. 5. Guide the Programme teams on donor updates, donor reports, newsletters, etc. as needed. 6. Ensure the availability and use of all necessary tools required to track project progress and identify gaps including reports, mapping, spreadsheets, and others as required. Participate in designing and implementing such tools.
7. Represent the mission and participate in meetings organized in the framework of programmes, including in donor briefings, visits to project sites and media presentations. 8. Identify new programme/project opportunities and describe and justify project possibilities consistent with approved programmes and ongoing activities. Support the development of proposals in coordination with the COM and project development unit.
9. Ensure that response efforts are inclusive and coordinated, by regularly convening and leading coordination meetings.
10. Establish and maintain strong and regular liaison with the project/programme partners, such as governmental authorities, diplomatic missions, and any other concerned agencies and working groups, aiming at coordinating and promoting new activities and facilitating the implementation of ongoing activities and fund raising for new projects/programmes. 11. Ensure adherence to established policies and procedures in the formulation of project activities, coordinate and advise on the preparation of project documents, including design, monitoring and evaluation.
12. Coordinate the technical, administrative and financial aspects of the project/programme. Provide supervisory support to project staff as required.
13. Within the limits of delegated authority, act as officer-in-charge in the absence of the Chief of Mission, as required
14. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Law, International Relations, Humanitarian Affairs or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Field experience in the areas of migration management, assistance to migrants and capacity building activities. Good knowledge of project formulation, administration and evaluation techniques and practices;
• Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with national and international institutions;
• Familiarity with financial and business administration;
• Sound and proven understanding of internal and international migration issues in Morocco, the sub-region and related issues;
• Sound judgment, ability to extract, interpret, analyse and format data and resolve operational Page 2 / 4problems; ability to work with minimum supervision.
Fluency in English and French is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 12 August 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
Page 3 / 4Posting period:
From 30.07.2018 to 12.08.2018
Requisition: VN 2018/179 (P) - Head of Programmes (P3) - Rabat, Morocco (55591990) Released Posting: Posting NC55592009 (55592009) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Rabat (Morocco)
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Mid level
- Managerial positions
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-08-12