VN 2018/180 (P) - Programme Coordinator (Migration Management) (P4) - Ankara, Turkey
Position Title Programme Coordinator (Migration Management) Duty Station :Ankara, Turkey
Classification Professional Staff, Grade P4
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 12 August 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cook Islands, Cuba, Cabo Verde, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Grenada, Guyana, Iceland, Kiribati, Comoros, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Saint Lucia, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Palau, Paraguay, Solomon Islands, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, Sao Tome and Principe, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
3. External female candidates.
Under the overall and direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) of IOM Turkey and in close coordination with relevant units in Regional Office (ROs) Vienna and at Headquarters (HQs), the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for the overall management and implementation of the Mission’s programmes and activities in the areas of Migrants Protection Assistance, Immigration and Border Management, Labour Migration and Human Development, Migration and Health, and Migration Environment and Climate Change (MECC). S/he will also oversee the programme support functions of the Country Office and facilitate the development of country strategic plans.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Oversee the overall implementation and monitoring of the Mission’s Migration Management programme activities including Migrants Protection Assistance, Immigration and Border Management, Labor Migration and Human Development, Migration and Health and MECC. Page 1 / 42. Oversee the project implementation and reporting in close coordination with the National Authorities, such as Directorate General of Migration Management (DGMM), relevant UN Agencies and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), and the donor as needed. 3. Develop the Mission’s programme overview, including all migration management programmes implemented by the Mission and schedules of major activities for the CoM. 4. Lead the development and implementation of country strategic plans, which are in line with IOMs regional strategies, the DGMM’s strategy and the United Nations Development Cooperation Strategy (UNDCS) in Turkey.
5. Lead the development of the Mission resources mobilization strategies, taking into account national and donor priorities in Turkey, IOM’s regional and global strategic priorities and objectives; and implement the strategies in close coordination with the CoM and relevant units within the Mission.
6. Develop and maintain good working relationship with the ministries and international agencies involved in migration related issues in Turkey, (i.e. the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA), Ministry of Interior (MoI) Directorate General for Migration Management (DGMM), Turkish Coast Guard (TCG) Ministry of Labour and Social Security (MoLSS), Ministry of Family (MoF) Directorate of Disaster and Emergency Management (AFAD) and maintaining regular liaison with key government officials and interlocutors.
7. In coordination with the CoM and relevant units within the Mission, establish and maintain continuous dialogue with relevant stakeholders (i.e. national governmental authorities, donors, UN Agencies, national and international NGOs, national and international institutions) aiming at coordinating and facilitating the implementation of on-going activities and promoting new activities and fund-raising for new projects; identify synergies with IOM’s programmes and make recommendations on donor/ partner engagement.
8. Supervise programme support staff providing project development, public information, reporting, donor relations, and government liaison and information management functions for the Mission.
9. Ensure project required support functions such as project development, reporting, donor relations, public information and information management are provided to project managers and project implementation teams in a timely manner.
10. Provide overall guidance to Programme Managers on project development, implementation and reporting public information, donor relations, and government liaison and information management; and ensure consistency and coherence of project/ programme activities in the Mission in accordance with the mission strategies.
11. Identify potential programme activities and projects in relevant service areas and areas of interest in line with the IOM mandate and expertise, aiming to further expand the Mission’s partnership basis and scope of activities.
12. Lead knowledge management and capacity building activities in the Mission. 13. Prepare policy guidance notes, documentation and briefs for senior management including CoM.
14. Act as officer-in-charge in the absence of the Chief of Mission, as required. 15. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Page 2 / 4Education
• Master’s degree in International Relations, Political Science, Business or Public Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Extensive experience in programme formulation, implementation and evaluation; • Demonstrated supervisory experience in staff management;
• Proven record of establishing and maintaining good working relationships with governmental and diplomatic authorities, national, regional and international institutions as well as civil society actors;
• Previous work experience in a rapid transition or post-conflict area.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Turkish, French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Page 3 / 4Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 12 August 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 30.07.2018 to 12.08.2018
Requisition: VN2018/180(P)-ProgrammeCoordinator(MigrationManagement)(P4)-Ankara,Turkey (55592135) Released
Posting: Posting NC55592153 (55592153) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Ankara (Turkey)
- Grade: P-4, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Mid level
- Security policy
- Social Affairs
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-08-12