NATIONAL POST: Programme Coordinator, Maternal Health, SB5, SC, Maputo_ Mozambique
The Programme Coordinator post is located in the Ministry of Health (MOH) in Maputo, and under the overall guidance of the UNFPA Country Office Representative, reports directly to both (co-supervision): the UNFPA’s Sexual and Reproductive Health Programme Team Leader and the MOH’s Deputy National Director for Public Health.
The Programme Coordinator, in close collaboration with the MoH, oversees, coordinates and monitors the implementation of the DFID Joint Programme for Health “Improving Sexual, Reproductive, Maternal, New Born, Child and Adolescent Health in Mozambique (RMNCAH)”, and its components in line with national priorities and according to UNFPA policies and procedures.
Brief description of the RMNCAH Programme:
UNFPA plays a key role in the area of sexual and reproductive health (SRH) in Mozambique. The RMNCAH Programme is a 3 years programme to support the scale up of RMNCAH interventions that are part of the wider RMNCAH investment case for smart, sustainable, and scaled actions to improve health of women and children in Mozambique. Drawing upon the comparative advantage of UN partners, the programme has identified priority actions in coordination with government and partners to maintain gains despite the evolving financial, political and climatic crises while concurrently expanding the capacity of government for the provision of quality RMNCAH services for the most marginalized women and children. While national in scope, incremental investments are directed to provinces most affected by the crises and furthest behind in realizing their rights for better health, identified in the RMNCAH Investment Case.
Education: Master’s degree in public health, gynecology and obstetricians, social development and/or other related social science field.
Knowledge and Experience
Computer skills: Computer skills (Microsoft Office applications).
Language skills: Fluency in Portuguese and in English spoken and written.
- Health professional;
- Ten years of professional experience as Gynecologist and Obstetricians including field experience and increasing responsibility in the area of international development including public health, preferably reproductive/maternal health;
- Knowledge of the main national policies and strategies in the area of SRMN and experience in management of maternal health programs;
- Experience in analyzing SRMN statistical data;
- Experience in the area of Continuous Training in the SRMN area;
- Skills and experience of supervision of SRMN programmes;
- Communication skills, coordination and teamwork;
- Ability to work with autonomy and responsibility;
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and manage pressure situations;
- Availability to travel;
- Recognized expertise in providing technical advisory role;
- Strong ability to produce demonstrable results;
- Demonstrated ability to network with partners (governments, academics, civil society) and the development community for evidence-based advocacy, coordination and resource mobilization;
- Familiarity with the work of the UN system and partners specifically related to maternal health:
- Proven knowledge of project management, RBM and human rights based approach.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Maputo (Mozambique)
- Grade: Level not specified
- Public Health and Health Service
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-08-08