Grants Coordinator - Beirut (Lebanese National) - Lebanon
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on WebCruiter. Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role Summary:
The Grants Coordinator will contribute to achieving quality programming by closely supporting the Grants Manager in ensuring effective grants management including internal and donor compliance requirements, timely and quality proposal development as well as reporting. S/he ensures NRC programme/support teams are informed of relevant donor compliance regulations and NRC procedures, manages donor and other external reporting, and coordinates grant revisions. The Grants Coordinator also supports Project Managers and Programme Specialists in the development of proposals and reporting in line with the grant process flowchart.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures.
- Develop and maintain overview of all grants, including filing of grant documents, tracking internal and external deadlines, donor requirements, rules and regulations.
- Support external donor audits, and ensure donor compliance and quality control.
- Document, analyze, and share learning from proposal and reporting processes, and compliance with donor rules and regulations.
- Contribute to continuously improving internal grant management systems.
- Provide an internal help-desk on donor related issues, including organize and deliver trainings in donor rules and regulations, as well as proposal and report writing.
- Coordinate the process of compiling reports (donors and internal reports) in close collaboration with CC Specialists, Programme and M&E teams, and Finance to ensure accurate, transparent and timely delivery of narrative and financial documents.
- Contribute to Project Cycle Management (PCM) procedures and usage of the NRC PCM framework in the response office, including inclusion of cross-cutting programme elements and M&E structures throughout all stages of the PCM;
- Promote the rights of refugees in Lebanon, line with NRC’s advocacy strategy.
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- Build positive working relationships with other teams in the country operation to coordinate and support development of high quality proposals using relevant NRC Grant Management tools and guidance (proposal development calendar, internal log-frame, procurement plan, internal budgeting tool);
- Work with the relevant Area Managers and Core Competency Specialists to ensure Grant Opening Meetings, Grant Review Meetings, and Grant Closure Meetings are arranged and take place, and all mandatory internal documents are in place (internal logframe, internal budget, procurement plan, M&E matrix).
- Coordinate and lead the finalisation of donor reports ensuring consistency between narrative and financial reports, as well as the M&E database, and that they meet quality standards;
- Support and advise programme colleagues with queries related to donor compliance, and ensure appropriate donor templates are readily available;
- Work with other departments (i.e. programmes, finance, M&E, Compliance Coordinator) to ensure all documentation required is ready and available for audits (e.g. vouchers, distribution lists)
- Visit area offices to support with capacity building of staff and roll-out of PCM activities;
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Head of Programme, Head of Consortia Programme, Finance team, Compliance Coordinator, Area Managers, Programme Specialists, Monitoring and Evaluation team, and Project Managers
- Consortium Managers and Consortium Project Coordinators
- NRC MERO Desk (i.e. Programme Adviser and Controller)
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional Competencies:
- Bachelor degree in international relations, Political or Social Sciences, or any other relevant field
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a related field
- Experience of donor relations and grants management (including with institutional humanitarian and development donors)
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations
- Proven skills and experience in report and proposal development and working with multiple donors
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
- Knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector
- Proficient in MS Office applications including Word and Excel
2. Behavioural Competencies:
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies and the following are essential for this position:
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Beirut (Lebanon)
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Emergency Aid and Response
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-08-14