CON 2018/43 - Consultant – TIP Training Materials - Home-Based
Call for Expression of Interest
Position Title :Consultant – TIP Training Materials Duty Station :Home based
Classification Consultant, Grade OTHE
Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 08 August 2018 Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. Context:
The ‘Greater Mekong Sub-Region and Malaysia: Migrant Assistance and Protection Program (MAPP)’ is a regional program addressing migration challenges faced in the Greater Mekong Sub-Region and Malaysia. The objective of the program, which is implemented in Cambodia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand and Viet Nam, is to contribute to the protection and increased resilience of vulnerable migrants, including those in crisis situations.
The Greater Mekong Sub-Region is one of the world’s most dynamic tourist destinations and one of the fast-growing markets for air transport services today, with scheduled flights increasing rapidly as both premium and low-cost airlines expand their fleet and new routes are introduced. There are 20 airlines headquartered in the Sub-Region, and over 100 airports, which collectively served more than 250 million passengers in 2015. Bilateral and multilateral agreements, such as the ASEAN Open Skies Agreement, have served to further improve intraregional connectivity, with international inbound flights to the Sub-Region reaching 758,613 in 2016, an almost 25% increase from 2014.
While these increased movements have been a boon to the Sub-Region’s economy and tourism sector, they have also benefited perpetrators of human trafficking, seeking to recruit and transport victims to countries of destination. In order to increase awareness about human trafficking and engage new stakeholders in prevention efforts, the MAPP program is therefore looking to develop training materials on victim identification and referral, targeting the aviation, tourism and hospitality sectors in the Greater Mekong Sub-Region and Malaysia. Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission of IOM Thailand, and the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator, the consultant selected for this position will develop two similar but distinct training packages on victim identification and referral – one targeting the aviation sector, and one targeting the tourism and hospitality sector. Training materials should be based on existing IOM materials and international guidance documents on human trafficking, and should be framed within the regional context.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Page 1 / 4Tasks to be performed under this contract:
The Consultant will undertake the following responsibilities:
1. Review relevant IOM materials and international guidance documents, map available data sources and prepare and submit Inception Report, inclusive of a work plan and proposed training outlines;
2. Based on existing materials and feedback to proposed training outlines, prepare draft
versions of both half-day and full-day modules on victim identification and referral for: i) the aviation sector and; ii) the tourism and hospitality sector. Training materials should include PPT slides, a brief facilitator’s guide, handouts and interactive learning tools (e.g. links to appropriate video content; proposed group work or learning activities). Training materials should also be firmly anchored in the regional context and reference regional trafficking trends and regional legislative frameworks and conventions, as appropriate;
3. Based on feedback from IOM, finalize training packages with both half-day and full-day
modules on victim identification and referral for: i) the aviation sector and; ii) the tourism and hospitality sector.
Tangible and measurable output of the work assignment:
At the end of the contractual period, the following outputs will be delivered: • Training package on victim identification and referral targeting the aviation sector, inclusive of PPT presentations, brief facilitator’s guide and handouts (half-day module and full-day module);
• Training package on victim identification and referral targeting the tourism and hospitality sector, inclusive of PPT presentations, brief facilitator’s guide and handouts (half-day module and full-day module).
Realistic delivery dates and details as to how the work must be delivered: By 13 August 2018
Submission of an Inception Report containing a detailed work plan, list of data sources, and
proposed training outline for half-day and full-day modules targeting: i) the aviation sector; ii) the tourism and hospitality sector
By 7 September 2018
Submission of draft training package materials for both the aviation sector and the tourism and hospitality sector
By 26 September 2018
Based on IOM feedback, submission of final training package materials for both the aviation sector and the tourism and hospitality sector
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• University Degree in International Affairs, Political Science, Law, Human Rights, Migration Studies or a related field;
• Demonstrated experience in the field of protection with at least two (2) years of progressively responsible work related to trafficking in persons;
• Proven experience in development of training materials and tools;
Page 2 / 4• Knowledge of migration trends in Southeast Asia;
• Experience in working with the private sector will be considered an advantage; • Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• High level of computer literacy;
• Ability to work under tight timelines;
• Ability to multi-task and work efficiently with minimal supervision; • Strong intrapersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
• Experience in working with international organizations, governmental institutions and non-governmental organizations preferable;
• Prior experience with IOM or a relevant UN agency will be considered an advantage; Languages
• Fluency in English, spoken and written, is required. Working knowledge of any local languages spoken in the Greater Mekong Sub-region and Malaysia will be considered an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
• The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
• Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment or visa requirements and security clearances.
• No late applications will be accepted
How to apply:
system, by 08 August 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
From 31.07.2018 to 08.08.2018
Requisition: CON 2018/43 - Consultant – TIP Training Materials - Home-Based (55593811) Released Posting: Posting NC55593812 (55593812) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Home based
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Education, Learning and Training
- Criminology, Police Affairs and Anti-Corruption
- Drugs, Crime and Human trafficking
- Closing Date: 2018-08-08