VN 2018/184 (P) - Project Officer (Monitoring & Evaluation) (P2) - Khartoum, Sudan
Position Title Project Officer (Monitoring and Evaluation)
Duty Station : Khartoum, Sudan
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 13 August 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cook Islands, Cuba, Cabo Verde, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Grenada, Guyana, Iceland, Kiribati, Comoros, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Saint Lucia, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Palau, Paraguay, Solomon Islands, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, Sao Tome and Principe, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Migration Management and Development Unit (MMDU), the direct supervision of the Return and Reintegration Officer, and in close coordination with relevant Project Development (PD)/Reporting/Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) units in RO Nairobi, the successful candidate will contribute to the planning, delivery and reporting of all the activities in Sudan under the European Union Trust Fund “EU-IOM Joint Initiative for Migrant Protection and Reintegration in the East and Horn of Africa” (or “Joint Initiative”) programme.
The programme will focus on 4 priority countries, namely Djibouti, Ethiopia, Sudan and Somalia as well as other countries of the Khartoum process in the Horn of Africa region and key destination countries on the Northern, Western, Eastern and Southern routes. In addition, it will support reintegration of migrants returning from EU Member States.
The Joint Initiative programme aims:
1. To increase the capacities of partner countries and relevant stakeholders, to develop or strengthen return and reintegration policies and processes, including identification and referral. 2. To facilitate safe, humane and dignified Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) processes among partner countries.
3. To facilitate sustainable reintegration across three dimensions: successful economic Page 1 / 4reintegration and strengthened livelihoods; social and psycho-social reintegration and enhanced returnees’ rights and access to justice.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate and implement the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) activities of the EU Trust Fund (EUTF) Joint Initiative project in Sudan, according to the programmes’ goals and objectives in close coordination with the Return and Reintegration Officer and the project management site in Regional Office Nairobi.
2. Contribute to the development, measurement and reporting of qualitative and quantitative outputs, outcomes and objective level performance indicators with targets for the relevant projects in line with the new IOM Guidance Note on M&E for Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR). Draft sections of and provide technical inputs for periodic donor reports in line with the M&E plans and agreed reporting schedules.
3. Contribute to the development of project M&E tools and systems, and implement roll out, providing M&E specific technical training for the Joint Initiative team in Sudan and partners and stakeholders in line with the project log frame and AVRR M&E guidelines.
4. Supervise the AVRR Programme Assistants working on the Joint Initiative project on the delivery of reintegration assistance to beneficiaries.
5. Ensure the production of consolidated reports and agreed project action plans for internal and donor use and follow up on response in coordination with the Return and Reintegration Officer, unit heads and other relevant project staff.
6. Provide support for project data processing, management, analysis and reporting using available data/information management systems.
7. Coordinate regular monitoring activities in the project sites and provide timely feedback to the relevant colleagues and partners and discuss improvements and quality control. 8. Facilitate regular feedback from beneficiaries and stakeholders on activities and services provided to them.
9. Document the progress and results of on-going activities including capturing individual beneficiary stories for donor reports, social media, website and newsletters. 10. Facilitate evaluations, mid-term and end of project, as per the donor requirements. 12. Undertake duty travel as required.
11. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Development, Management, Political or Social Sciences or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or • University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. Experience
Page 2 / 4• Experience in implementation of M&E framework and roll out of the relevant tools, reporting and project management;
• Experience in project management, planning, reporting, implementation and results-based management,
• Experience of working on a reintegration project
• Experience of working on an EU donor funded project is desirable
• Experience with the logical framework approach and other strategic planning tools and their implementation;
• Ability to adapt M&E tools to work effectively with local authorities, stakeholders and beneficiaries;
• Knowledge and skills of computer applications MS Word and Excel;
• Excellent written and oral communication with the ability to prepare high quality reports and communication material;
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills; courtesy, tact and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of diverse cultural and national backgrounds;
• High degree of judgment and initiative; ability to work with a high degree of independence within assigned areas.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Page 3 / 4Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 13 August 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 31.07.2018 to 13.08.2018
Requisition: VN2018/184(P)-ProjectOfficer(Monitoring&Evaluation)(P2)-Khartoum,Sudan (55593925) Released
Posting: Posting NC55593942 (55593942) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Khartoum (Sudan)
- Grade: P-2, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-08-13