Consultancy, Market Research
The King Abdullah International Centre for Interreligious and Intercultural Dialogue is an intergovernmental organization that was founded in 2012 to enable, empower and encourage dialogue among followers of different religions and cultures around the world.
To further promote dialogue, peaceful coexistence and tolerance of differences among young people, KAICIID has created a board game, DialoGo, which teaches the main principles and skills of dialogue in an engaging and fun way. This board game is targeted at players ages 10 and up and it is available as a Print & Play Kit and as a hard copy in the form of box-sets.
We are looking for services of a market researcher who will:
- Carry out a feasibility study of the DialoGo game capacity for fund raising;
- Complete a thorough examination of the DialoGo game’s market potential and determine the most effective ways to introduce, distribute and promote the game in both for-profit and non-for-profit scenarios; and
- Evaluate the added value of a virtual / app version development and assess costs associated with such project.
In close consultation with the Programmes Department, the Consultant is expected to:
- Identify market potential of the game and develop strategy and recommendations for market entry, promotion, and distribution;
- Analyse the market segment of educational conversation board games in terms of competition and trends;
- Examine fundraising potential through sales of the DialoGo game and provide recommendations and reasoning regarding handling future sales, distribution and marketing of the game in-house vs outsourcing them;
- Provide a list of recommendations on procedures, mechanisms and resources needed in case future sales, distribution and marketing efforts are to be handled in-house;
- Provide a cost-benefit analysis of developing a virtual / app version of the DialoGo game;
- Perform other tasks related to the objectives of this consultancy, as required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in marketing, management, business administration, or a related field;
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in market research and analysis, including corresponding reporting, at the international level;
- Understanding of/experience in working with game development and marketing is desirable;
- Understanding of and/or experience with the EU regulatory framework related to manufacturing, marketing and distribution of games is an advantage.
Fluency in English (both oral and written).
PERIOD of CONTRACT
The consultancy period is estimated as 2 months, starting as soon as possible. The research must be finished by October 2018.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
19 August 2018
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload your CV along with a cover letter. Please indicate in the cover letter the expected compensation/your daily or monthly rate.
At this stage, please do not send any diplomas, publications or any other documents. Only short-listed candidates will be further contacted by KAICIID.
KAICIID is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.
- Organization: KAICIID
- Location: Vienna (Austria)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Scientist and Researcher
- Design (digital, product, graphics or visual design)
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Closing Date: 2018-08-19