Consultancy: Creative Producer/Broadcast Specialist, DOC, NYHQ
New York City (United States of America)
The Digital Strategy Section (DSS) seeks to hire an experienced Creative Producer/Broadcast Specialist to support film production and manage UNICEF’s NYHQ production studios and infrastructure, providing relevant technical support to HQ staff and field colleagues. Work also includes the ability to professionally shoot and edit video materials as required.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a voice
The Digital Strategy Section (DSS) within the Division of Communication comprises Web, Social Media and Multimedia teams working together to create compelling public-facing content and to provide digital services within the organization. Through multiple platforms and in multiple languages, DSS draws attention to the many facets of UNICEF’s work, encouraging public support, participation and action, as well as ensuring greater transparency and accountability.
Web stories, blog entries, photo essays, Facebook posts, Twitter campaigns, and videos for distribution via UNICEF.org, YouTube, news media and other outlets and platforms – all are a part of our digital storytelling. By measuring and testing our efforts, we also use data to inform content and engagement choices.
DSS seeks to hire an experienced Creative Producer/Broadcast Specialist to support film production and manage UNICEF’s NYHQ production studios and infrastructure, providing relevant technical support to HQ staff and field colleagues. Work also includes the ability to professionally shoot and edit video materials as required.
How can you make a difference?
Scope of work
Under the overall direction of the DS/DOC Head of Multimedia, the Video Editor/Producer will accomplish the following objectives:
- Provide technical and creative input to producers, filming crews and editors on delivering compelling high end video content as appropriate per platform.
- Advise on aesthetics of filming and oversees post-production work as needed.
- Advise on visual storytelling from script inception to final film product delivery.
- Manage film production for various of UNICEF’s online campaigns.
- Develop training workshops on video storytelling for UNICEF’s producers and film crews in NYHQ and field colleagues.
- Advise on and implement workflow for in-house field producers and editors.
- Advise on and implement new technologies relevant to multimedia production.
- Responsible for state of the art UNICEF’s HQ multimedia production infrastructure.
- Oversees UNICEF’s HQ video production and editing in studio environment for digital and broadcast platforms.
- Coordinates the installation of studio equipment and software solutions.
- Supports and maintains multimedia server systems and backups.
- May be asked to work on weekends and/or travel to the field to gather multimedia materials.
Video production and editing for digital platforms
- Video production studio management, including all equipment, such as cameras, lights, servers.
- Oversee technical standards for all final videos for digital, web and broadcast distribution.
- Oversee studio productions and deliver creative compelling storytelling for placement on UNICEF and external digital media platforms
- Troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
- Cultivate and maintain brand strategy in all final productions.
- Update and maintain all professional hardware and software used in video production and editing
- Update and maintain broadcast studio and post-production equipment and backup systems
- Ensure highest professional standards are employed in delivery of all UNICEF productions and post productions.
- Oversee and resource studio environment for Facebook lives.
- Maintaining vendor relations and industry contacts for optimal video and studio production services and recommendations.
As an advocate for every child, you will have…
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience
- Extensive experience in visual storytelling and video production.
- Experience managing studio facilities, production and maintenance.
- Extensive experience with multiple ENG, DSLR cameras, microphones and ancillary equipment.
- Keen understanding of digital video workflows, deliverables and standards.
- Solid experience in video production, shooting, lighting, sound and editing
- Experience delivering products for social media online audiences and platforms.
- Experience managing media back up and server environments.
- Extensive experience operating and supporting video production workflow and facilities.
- Ability to plan, manage and propose annual budgets and maintain vendor relations.
- Ability to multi-task and work under deadline pressure with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of UN languages other than English a plus
- Proven track record editing for social media platforms
- Ability to edit materials from a culturally sensitive perspective
- Artistic vision with a can-do attitude and the skills to back it up
- Self-motivated, highly organized, collaborative, and able to create in a fast-paced and growing environment
- Work effectively with minimal crew in pursuit of creative excellence
- Remain current on industry trends and styles, able to integrate new technique and/or technology when appropriate
- Proficiency in Mac platform, Non-linear editing - Adobe Premier, Audition, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, 2D/3D motion graphics – After Effects, HTML5, Flash (animation, composition, VFX, title sequencing a plus)
- Website or reel showcasing specific skills listed above
For every child, you demonstrate…
- High level of expertise shooting video in studio and field settings
- Strong knowledge of cameras, lighting and other video production equipment
- Strong knowledge of audio recording hardware and software
- Proven track record editing and producing for social media platforms
- Keen knowledge of storytelling and understanding diverse audiences and approaches to reaching them
- Ability to operate latest video production, archiving, and editing equipment
- Willingness to work in a multi-cultural environment in a cooperative and professional manner, including observance of UNICEF product clearance procedures
- Professional work ethic, integrity, and initiative
- Knowledge of international development issues
- Exceptional communication skills, tact, and diplomacy
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: New York City (United States of America)
- Grade: P-2, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Communication and Public Information
- Closing Date: 2018-08-21