beni | d.r. congo
Manage, monitor and evaluate the assigned health project(s), in close collaboration with the Health PM, effectively managing and reporting on the projects in line with the objectives, monitoring and evaluation plan, timeframe and budget. This position includes a particular focus on community health and psychosocial support. Encourage beneficiary participation, liaise with other stakeholders, and contribute to the development of new health project proposals and reports.
Emergency health projects targeting displaced, war affected and vulnerable populations in Eastern Congo. WASH interventions in health centres and as part of a health emergency response, opening humanitarian access to remote areas.
Field based position in Beni, Democratic Republic of Congo. Take a look at Medair’s work in D.R. Congo.
Starting Date/ Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible, Full time, minimum contract of 12 months
Key Activity Areas
Health Project Management
- Support the management of the assigned health projects in order to meet the project objectives within budget and within the allotted time frame and report promptly any operational concerns to and the health project manager.
- Increase access to and strengthen local capacity to deliver Psychosocial and Reproductive Health services to those affected by Sexual and Gender Based Violence and / or conflict in general.
- Work alongside the Health Project Manager and other Health staff to ensure both short and long-term positive impacts and outcomes for the beneficiaries, local health authorities and local health staff.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of an appropriate and effective health strategy.
- Continuously monitor and supervise health activities in the assigned health projects, evaluating progress through outputs and impacts using both quantitative and qualitative data, and involving the health team and taking appropriate action as needed to ensure continued progress.
- Provide input into the integration of beneficiary participation and accountability in all aspects of the project.
- Contribute to accurate and timely reporting of activities according to Medair, donor and other applicable timeframes and formats.
- Support the development of new proposals, linked to the assessed needs and gaps and the Medair country strategy, in conjunction with the Health Project Manager.
- Line-manage the Health staff (national staff) of the assigned projects, including day-to-day management, development and training, appraisals, etc.
- Provide coaching and technical supervision to staff in order to develop ownership and full responsibility for health activities.
- Liaise, as necessary, with the health, logistics and finance staff to ensure items are procured, transported, stored, managed and accounted for correctly.
- Ensure health projects are implemented in line with donor proposals and requirements and in accordance with Medair, donor, country and international standards.
- Make effective use of mobile information technologies for monitoring quality and gathering data for learning.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Medical doctor or bachelor nurse with a public health degree or a psychologist with a public health degree.
- Strong working knowledge of English and French (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- 2 years’ post-qualification nursing / medical professional experience.
- Experience in planning and facilitating community health and psychosocial support activities.
- Aptitude for community mobilisation and capacity-building.
- Experience in training / mentoring / coaching staff.
- Ability and willingness to manage project implementation.
- Good numerical, report writing and administration skills.
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- This is a field-based position and working and living conditions may be very different to that previously experienced.
Before you apply, please ensure you are fully aware of the:
- Medair organisational values.
- Profiles sought for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
- Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
- Benefits Package provided for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
Then please fill out your application for this position via the apply buttons on this page.
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications and CVs will be reviewed. Medair does not set closing / deadline dates for applications; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled.
- Organization: Medair
- Location: beni | d.r. congo
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: