Danish Refugee Council
Title: Finance Assistant.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in Yemen since 2008. DRC manages various projects, implemented in a number of southern and northern governorates, from its office in Hodeida.
- Maintain cashbooks and accounts records and ensure payments are allocated to the correct project and budget line.
- Ensure that shared costs are allocated appropriately across projects
- Ensure that monthly cashbooks are completed and submitted on time
- Ensure timely and accurate payment of telephone, internet, electricity and other utility bills
- Confirm that payment related to procurement have the necessary documentation as outlined in DRC procurement policies and procedures for all goods and services.
- Ensure that all transactions are booked on daily basis. into the cash book in accordance with guidelines.
- Develop and maintain a well-organized system of records- keeping
- Responsible to do the monthly reconciliation of cash and bank balances
- University degree in Business Administration; at least two years of professional experience in a similar position; good command of English (written, read, and spoken); good computer skills (MS Word and MS Excel); able to work under pressure; excellent organizational skills; excellent, interpersonal and communication skills; experience and willingness to travel to field offices; relevant NGO experience is a pre.
Terms and Conditions
The proposed employment conditions are based on DRC policy and Yemeni labour law.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Hodeidah (Yemen)
- Grade: Mid level
- Banking and Finance
- Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2018-08-06