International Consultant for Communication, Yangon, Myanmar
Vacancy announcement for International applicants for International Consultant-Communication position.
International Consultant for Communication
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
The Division of Communications (DoC) in HQ has requested the Chief of Advocacy Partnership and Communication to support the preparation of the global Advocacy Strategy in New York for six weeks starting from mid-August to end September. During this time, DoC has provided funding to fill the gap created in the section through a communication consultant.
In this context, the Advocacy, Partnerships and Communication Sections (APC) seeks an experienced international communications consultant with a strong editing and content production skills to work with the APC team and with guidance from the Communication Specialist who will be serving as the Officer in Charge for the section.
Objectives of the Consultancy
The purpose of the assignment is to assist the Advocacy Partnership and Communication to section with reviewing outputs and provide support in the areas of communication and advocacy products. This will include the development of human interest stories, photo essays, blog articles, press releases and key messages. In addition, the consultant will be requested to provide support in the preparation of upcoming advocacy and communication events as appropriate
Assignment Tasks and Expected Deliverables
Reviewing digital content
End Product/Deliverable 1:
Two-weekly social media plan reviewed and ready for use
Reviewing human interest stories and blogs and photo stories
Review photo captions
Support the APC Section with the preparation/reviewing of key messages, press releases, Q&A for each programme sector as required
End product/ Deliverable 2:
Press Releases drafted
Q&A for sector specific issues developed/reviewed
Key Issue Briefs updated/reviewed for each sector (Health, nutrition, WASH, education and child protection) including key advocacy tasks.
Support the APC Section with upcoming 1-2 high-level events
End product/Deliverable 3:
Support with documentation, coordination and follow up on major activities
Qualification and specialized knowledge/experience required for the assignment
- University degree and/or post graduate education in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or other related field;
- Minimum of 8 years of proven experience (both at national and international levels) in writing and editing communication materials (including human interest stories, advocacy booklets, brochures, concept notes) in English
- Outstanding written English and advanced ability to quickly research, critically analyse and synthesise large amounts of information
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the international development environment and writing styles and requirements
- Good interpersonal skills, including initiative, flexibility and patience
- Organizational and coordination skills
Interested candidates are requested to submit the application with updated CV and completed EOI form.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Yangon (Myanmar)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Communication and Public Information
- Closing Date: 2018-08-08